have i made a mistake?

Kat91

Reaction score
by telling everyone i'm pregnant although i'm only 5 weeks along? i already knew there's a hgigh chance of something happening between now and 13 weeks, but since yesterday a few people have mentioned that it's to early for me to be shouting it about and that most people don't do it until they're 13weeks and know it's safer....to be completely honest i dont feel hopedful at all anymore, i feel like something is definitely going to happen :( i know i should remain positive but i can't help thinking it's going to happen to me...i should've kept my gob shut until i was more sure that the baby was safe and we were past this risky stage...

i feel rather down about it all as i feel i've somehow jinxed myself, and got everyone excited over nothing. I HATE this stage...i want to know because it really is killing me...:(

You sound exactly like me honestly!! I found out at 4 weeks and I was soo happy I just told my family and basically all my friends so pretty much everyone knew. And I thought crap maybe I shouldnt have said anything till my first scan and I had lots of what ifs going round my head so much that it made me depressed and I was almost expecting something to go wrong because, like you, I felt I'd jinxed it. Of course, I had my scan 2 weeks and everything is absolutely fine. The way I see it now, however horrible it sounds, something bad could happen at absolutely any time :( I felt like I had done the right thing in telling people because I had so much support off my friends when I was feeling down. If I hadn't of told anyone I probably would've gone crazy because sometimes you just get worried and need to tell someone!! I understand how you feel because I was exactly the same hun, please try not worry too much because you need lots of rest at the moment.

I hope this helps xxx

Ok, so it probably was too early to be telling everyone. But you were excited! I assume this is your first?

We learned that lesson the first time. We told our family and closest friends and then miscarried at 10 weeks. It was absolutely awful having to tell people that, and i really really wished we hadnt said anything. This time we will only tell our parents and will wait until 12 weeks before telling anyone else.

The chances are nothing will go wrong for you anyway. And Lauren is right, things can go wrong at any stage. Look at poor old Amanda Holden, she waited til she was 6 months before informing the press, and then lost it a couple of weeks later!

I know the excitment means you want to share you wonderful news with everyone, but I would try to keep quiet from now on, just for a few more weeks xxx

I feel exactly the same hun.
First baby, been trying for a year, a few people knew that, and so when I found out I was 6 weeks 1 day pregnant, I wanted to tell the World.

Now I too am scared something will go wrong :/ but like the girls said above, bad things can happen any time.

I really hope both you and I have a happy and healthy pregnancy, we shouldn't worry like this. Of course be cautious and careful about things you do, but I really don't think worrying about it will help. I guess we're both going through that stage of 'worry'. xxx

Its entirely your choice when you tell people hun :hugs: i told early with all of mine...

at the end of the day, even if something did go wrong... you'll have lots of support xxx

i told everyone early on my 1st 2nd and 3rd and all was ok :)

I am about 5 ish weeks, and i feel totally the same. When i first found out i wanted to tell everyone, but stopped at a couple of close friends. (i only found out 4 days ago!!) then i told my sister, who said not to tell anyone as she experienced an eptopic a few years ago. then i felt guilty, and had 2 days od tears, i know its the hormones and had so many emotions going wild. Today we told my boyf parents. I havent even seen a doctor yet, so am going to wait to tell my mum.
But have been soo bloated, my belly already looks bit, but not a bump, just bloated, and i keep getting cramps, bit like periody cramps. is this normal? anyone else experience this? (this is my first so totally new to it all)

xxx

Dont you dare feel like that hunny. We all have a right to tell when we want and I told work at 4 weeks, my parents at 6 weeks and everyone else at 7 weeks. Im 8 weeks now and have been worrying myself sick but after my scan today Im on cloud 9 and I shall be telling anyone else who doesnt know freely. Its your choice, you havent jinxed yourself and plenty of women go through happy pregnancies telling the minute they know. My friend lost her baby at 7 months so it really is never safe so to speak so enjoy it and shout it out loud if you want to
XXX

Hi Cherry - wow scan today, how was it??? I have to wait another week and a half just to see the doctor, i will be 7 weeks by then! Havent got a clue whats happening......

x

Mellyy, it was AMAZING. Worth every penny and Id do it again. Theres a pic on my scan thread or in my pregnancy diary xx

We've told our parents and I had to tell work, that's it :) I told everyone last time and then had to tell them I'd mc'd :-( however I doubt I'll be able to hold out another 8 weeks before blurring it out to any poor soul who will listen :oooo: x

I told no-one but my mum last time until I as 12 weeks. I actually hid my growing bump until about 16 weeks and then let it all hang out :lol: it was nice nobody knowing x

Ahh Cherry, im so pleased for you!! :)
I will have a search for your diary and thread, but am being a bit crap with this at the mo, and each time i come on i have to search 'first tri' before i get to where i want to be!!
xx

Kat it really is your choice don't fret.

I have only told a few of my closest friends who I trust with my life and my Sister.

Cherry, congrats...jealous really...not having my scan till 13 weeks but cant really afford the private one. At least its put ur mind at ease xx

Hey hun its individual choice and I don't think u can change anything that 'might' happen. For me I had a bad experience telling peeps early so when I found out this time I waited until I had all clear from hospital - only because I had a hard time retracting I was pregnant and explaining to peeps what had happened. Iim sure ul be fine fun don't worry xx

Special K - thanks hun. We were lucky as we have some savings and I convinced OH to let me use some of it. Cost £65 for the scan and £10 for the cd with photos on. Its the cheapest around as most people Ive spoken to have paid £95 or more.
X

Kat dont worry ive told evryone early with all 3 of my pregnancies. it is indivdual choice but the way i look at it if something did happen u would want and need the support. sure u will b fine just try and relax enjoy being pregnant !! xxx

Special K - thanks hun. We were lucky as we have some savings and I convinced OH to let me use some of it. Cost £65 for the scan and £10 for the cd with photos on. Its the cheapest around as most people Ive spoken to have paid £95 or more.
X

Yeah I looked and it costs £99 near me just dont have the money so will sit tight and wait...only another 5 weeks and 1 day!!!! :wall2::wall2::wall2: LMAO xxx

Even tried to blag an earlier scan with midwive but didnt work she was having none of it :shakehead:

X
Wow £65? I've looked aroun d on the net and most are £100+!!! no way do we have that kind of money!! you're very lucky :(
Kat dont worry ive told evryone early with all 3 of my pregnancies. it is indivdual choice but the way i look at it if something did happen u would want and need the support. sure u will b fine just try and relax enjoy being pregnant !! xxx

Thank you, and yes that's how I though of it...if I tell early on then if something did happen at least I have a lot of support...

I'm feeling more relaxed and positive today thank you :)

Thanks to all you ladies who replied in here, it made me feel lots better x

oh and since I have been taking quite strong amounts of an anti-depressant for nealry 2 years and took a weeks course of antibiotics while i was unknowingly pregnant, that and my partner has suffered from quite a few miscarriages with his ex partner so its made us very worried...could i get an early sxcan for that?

You could try phoning your early pregnancy unit and see if they will book you in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back