Hate the guessing game :-(

Claree

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been lurking here for years but OH and I have only started TTC this month. I was on the depo injection for years and years and came off it in Jan 09. I only got my periods back roughly Apr of 2011. Since then had all sorts of cycles, some up to 8 weeks long, some only 3 weeks. My last period started on roughly the 26th Nov. OH and I have been BDing pretty much every other day since it stopped. I know it's only the first month of trying but I was so convinced we had been successful this month. I've been having symptoms I.e. sore boobs since Sunday night and cramping all day yeaterday. Unfortunately I have no idea when (if at all) I ov'd (but will be trying opks next month I think). Also I have no idea when AF is due as I just don't have regular cycles. Was sooo convinced that we had caught but did a cheapie IC yesterday and BFN so was waiting til today and then the cramping started yesterday and so thought this is it. Either I'm preggo or AF is on her way. I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't sleep. Had read loads about ICs being not so great and so thought I'd try a CBD. So BFN. Just now led here absolutely miserable as I have to go back to work today and I just know now that AF is on her way. Always hate AF anyways but it's feeling ten times worse this month :-( sorry for the self pitying rant but it's the first time i'm going through all of this and I'm just so sad. A friend of a friend announced their pregnancy when OH and I started TTC. It was a complete accident and she's constantly flitting between partners and only been with this guy not even two months. Just feeling unfair that it happens so easily for someone else :(

Hello and welcome to pf!

Sorry your having a rubbish day but remember you are not out until the witch arrives!

Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to you

xx

Claree,
It is really tough hearing that some people don't have to struggle at all. At least you know you are not alone - most of us here on pf are in the same boat. Also at least this is a short week. And its true you are not out until AF arrives.
FX

Hi Claree,

I just wanted to say hello and to try and help you feel like you're not on your own. I feel very similar to you at the moment. I have wanted a baby for years and have only just started trying. I am just coming to the end of my two week wait and last week I felt convinced I was pregnant, now though I can feel that af is coming and I have done loads of preg tests - all negative. I tried to tell myself before we started trying that it wouldnt happen straightaway so that I wouldnt be too disappointed but it hasn't worked - I am really disappointed. I have got lots of ideal opportunities this weekend to have told close people the good news and I had it all planned out in my head! Silly I know. And even though this is only my first month of trying, I had been counting down the days until I could start trying. So I know it wont make you feel any better but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get your BFP really soon :) xxx

Hi Clare,

Welcome to the forum!! This place is great to vent as everyone is happy to listen and give some advice. Just wanted to wish you all the best in TTC.

xxx

Thank you everyone, and yeah Princess, you do sound like you're in exactly the same boat as me!!! Hopefully we will both get our BFP soon. Anyways, an update: I'm confused now as AF hasn't shown up and still getting bad cramps, sore boobs and feeling really sick. But did another 10 mIU IC and still negative. I feel pregnant but am just convinced that AF is on it's way to spoil my optimism. I just wish I could get an answer, either AF arrives or a BFP. Sorry I'm rambling now. Is it possible do you think that I am having the PMS without the AF?

Your symptoms could easily be preg symptoms! I really hope they are, you will have to keep me informed! Unfortunately I got my AF today, was upset but I coped better than I thought I would. I read a really lovely thing on here recently along the lines of "my baby just not being quite ready yet" :) That has made me feel a bit better thinking of it that way. But I am keeping my finers crossed that this is your month, good luck and lots of :dust: xxx

Thank you princess, that really is so sweet. I've still not had AF but I'm wondering if I've had some kind of phantom period this month as I've had all of the symptoms but still BFN on the tests. Gotta keep the PMA for next month for both of us :)

Thank you tara as well. Sorry! Been reading and running and missed your post x

Update: lines spotters needed please! Still no AF. Been takin tests every morning and this morning thought I it a hint of something but it disappeared eventually. So this evening when I got home after a nice day out tried again and got this:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=11979

The bottom one is this evening's test. I am certain there is a line there and it is pink and it definitely showed within two mins but OH can't see it.

This is the zoomed in version:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=11982

What do you ladies think?

i think i see a line a hun! keep testin an itl get much darker im sure xx

Hey Clare So, you tested and there was no line? Do you know how many days past ov you are? In the very early days I have found the only test to be really clear is the FRER test. If its neg its neg and if its pos its pos.
I am back in the office this morning having to hear from the two pregnant girls here, who seemed to fall pregnant soooo easily! grrrr so frustrating, they werent even trying! On my bad days I get really envious but have found it better to be positive for them and stay positive for myself.
You will get there soon. x x x

Thank you, gonna go and pick up some FRERs this evening. I know what you mean. My sister in -law has just had a baby and I sit there watching her with her little one and thinking how much I want it. I hate the not knowing. I have no idea how many DPO I am. Had EWCM about 13 days ago so possibly that much?

I see a line so fingers crossed x I use the same tests and get nothing so to see that makes me think this is your month for a bfp!

Good luck lovely x

Well FRER says no :-( will wait a few days and test again I think if AF still hasn't shown

Ok probably clutching at straws here but just checked FRER again. I KNOW you should throw them away and not look at them after the time limit but I can't help it, I'm Clare and I'm a POASaholic! There is now a very definite pink line there. Grrr.... Hate all of this not knowing!

Ok probably clutching at straws here but just checked FRER again. I KNOW you should throw them away and not look at them after the time limit but I can't help it, I'm Clare and I'm a POASaholic! There is now a very definite pink line there. Grrr.... Hate all of this not knowing!

honey throw it away after the time limit! I have kept them so many times and found little lines there which were not bfps, but just got me going insane!

keep venting here though, we will try and keep you on the straight and narrow.

hugs x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back