Grrrrrr!!!!!

Cherry.Glitter

Reaction score
My OH's Mother is driving me totally insane!!!

She has already booked the christening for my unborn baby!! She told me and I started laughing saying that it was a little early and I didn't want it in Birmingham - I wanted it in my home town. She totally flipped shit! She started shouting, saying that it must be there as it's my OH's home town and all of her children were christened in that church. She then started to cry which made me laugh even more as I couldn't believe her reaction!

Anyway, this morning My OH went round her house as he is taking her to the tip on his day off. She asked if we had decided on names and OH said we had - Holly for a girl and Jai for a boy. Apparently, she got out of the car and began to rant at OH saying that she wanted the baby to take her mom's name if it was a girl and her dad's name if it was a boy (Barbara or Hubert...ewwww!!!). Again, to which I laughed. She then told OH that I'm not allowed around her house until I agree to her name choices - to which I responded that she is to come nowhere near me or my child (when he/she is here) until she checks her attitude and gets over herself.

Pointless thread really but she is being a complete prick!! My OH even told her that we would think about the names as middle names instead of first names but she was having none of it. Am I being unreasonable? I feel sorry for poor OH stuck in the middle but he completely lets her get away with her tantrums. Am I over-reacting?

And breathe........

Last edited:
No, I would be fuming too! Is it your child or hers?!

Absolutely not. She is being totally controlling, selfish and rude. Stick to your guns girl x

Nope stick to ur guns! She is being out of order! I would be fuming too x

NOT AT ALL!! I would react the same as you! Laugh!

Silly stupid women!

Is this her first grandchild? She sounds spoilt TBH

I'd be interested to know if she named her children after her grandparents, or her husbands grandparents. If she didn't she really doesn't have a leg to stand on lol. Talk about being bang out of order tho! I'm sure she did want she wanted with her children and she should let you do the same with yours.

Holy hell!! I would not put up with that shit! I'm surprised ur OH hasn't put her in her place.

End of the day, ur baby - ur decision! If she doesn't like it, tough cookies for her!!

I'd do the same as u, stay away and keep the child away until she realises its not her choice to make! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have a friend in the exact same position as you, but she ended up giving in. Now her baby's 4 months old and grandmother is taking over big time! Stick to your guns, its your baby, your decision! She had her 'turn' with her own children, and now its your's and your OH's turn. Just make sure you don't give in cos otherwise itll get worse!
Good luck with it!

Whatever you do - of you don't want those names - don't give in as youll regret it later on. As for the christening it's something you and your oh should be arranging together and it's not normally arranged until after the baby is born. I would stand my ground or you'll risk her giving her opinion on everything once the LO is born. I understand that it's a tricky situation with being your oh mom, but he really needs to put his foot down. It's yours and his child not his moms!

Bloody hell, stick to your guns, to be honest i think you have reacted quite well to it, its your child and its your choice where to christen and what to name the baby, think she needs to realise who's child it actually is xx

Wow Cherry.Glitter you have a mother in law from hell... Ive had problems with mine but nothing like this, Mine just only wants to be involved when she wants too which to me isnt good enough. They are either in their lifes now or not at all. My OH is stuck between us but its my child and thats my choice. I would have done what you did laugh at her, shes how old? Anyone would have thought she was the toddler!!! I can see why this would have caused you to blow and its nice you can vent on here and get support. All us girlies have your back when it comes to Mother in laws in hell and names that we all know are from back in the day and not your choice. Wish you all the luck and if she continues id just ignore her. Remember shes the one who will miss out and realise and come and say sorry. xxx

I'd be interested to know if she named her children after her grandparents, or her husbands grandparents. If she didn't she really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Excellent point!! I bet she didnt!

Treat this behaviour with the response it deserves - total silience. Until she can apologise and act in a reasonable manner I'd ban her from from the house and from any involvement or update on the baby of any kind.

Its ridiculous behaviour!! How old is she? 5!!!

Good luck, I really hope you resolve it soon
xx

I am very impressed that you just laughed at her, I don't know if I woudl have been so restrained!

As the other ladies have said this is your and your OH's baby, your decisions, your choice of names and if she doesn't like it then tough. Xx

Wowee that is unbelievable!! Who does she think she is! You did well laughing hun. Like the others have said don't give in to her tantrums. She sounds like she needs to grow up!

OMG! Who does she think she is!! She sounds like she's got a screw loose lol. She has no say in anything to do with YOUR child atall! She must be put in her place, or it will only get worse once LO arrives! x x

Flipping Hell. She's a nightmare. I thought I had it tough with my mil as well!

As the others said, stick to your guns - it's her that'll lose out.

xx

Is she for real lol? I wouldn't let her near my unborn or born child really? I can't possibly see how a person that disturbed mentally (you must be insane to act like that really) can be any good near LO :faint:
Talk to your oh and tell him to talk to his mom and short it out soon...

Like you this did make me chuckle a little.
How dare someone tell you what you are to call your baby and organise something that you should organise if you choose to have him/her christened.
Id have told her straight, our child our decisions like it or lump it.
Some people really do have cheek and like to interfere x

OMG! Who does she think she is???? I would go bonker nuts! I would tell her to cancel the christening because you are doing it where YOU live. I would also tell her that you and oh have chosen names and they're FINAL! I would then tell her to go get a puppy to interfere with and name!
oh dear poor you and oh! but you have to stick to your guns because if she wins now...........you'll have a lifetime of this shit!

good luck and be strong! xx

omg !!!!!!!!!!!!! she is out of order x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back