Whats wrong with the name?!?

nikki8092

Reaction score
Ok so went to the inlaws other day and MIL asked if we had decided to call baby when she arrives. I said yes, Sophia Marie. To which she pulled a face as though i had just told her we were calling baby Dog Sh*t... She then continued to tell me what other names that she liked that went with Marie... Whats wrong with the name Sophia??? Rant Over! :shakehead:

Lol Daisy!! And thank you i think its a lovely name. Its not like her saying all that is going to change my mind but its just annoying. She said what about Ella which i know loads of ellas so i wanted something different. Hubby just nodded his head not really paying attention and i got look simon likes that name.... Daughter then came home that afternoonand told me baby was called Ella. Well MIL will have a shock when baby Sophia arrives and we keep our intended name.

This is why Ive vowed not to tell names till shes born, I had the same reaction from mother in law when I was bating names around everyone has an opinion on what they personally like or not but think once babies here and we say this is such and such they wont be able to comment cos its tough! LOL

Well like hubby said on way out its our baby and my sister said she cant say anything she named her first born martin lol

My friends little girl is called Sophia, and i think its a really pretty name....make me think of a beautiful baby, and I also thinkits a lovely name for when she's an adult too (if you now what i mean!!)

That is also a reason why we won't be telling people names we're thinking of...once pip arrives and we name him/her it'll to late for people to comment!

its a lovely name and quite popular this year.

lovely name! i would tell her where to go!! when we decide on names we are not telling anyone as i know people will have opinions :(

Well i said its the only one we can really agree on and we both like it. So suppose its tough really, i just got the comment oh well you have plenty of time to change your mind. Yeah ok...

I think its a lovely name, Maybe they have had a bad experience with a Sophia? x

I really dislike people who feel the need to give you their opinion on the names you and your OH have chosen. It's your baby, your choice. And I love the name Sophia! Was one of my top choices for a girls name but as we already have a Sophie in the family, we decided to rule it out. :( Marie is also my middle name. :) People should keep their mouths shut and just be happy for you. I've had friends tell me the names I've chosen were horrible, I told them that this is my child not theirs. When they have children, they can call them whatever they like! Only difference is I wouldnt be cruel by telling them that the names they picked were horrible. You stick with what YOU want and dont ever let yourself be swayed by other peoples opinions!xx

I really dislike people who feel the need to give you their opinion on the names you and your OH have chosen. It's your baby, your choice. And I love the name Sophia! Was one of my top choices for a girls name but as we already have a Sophie in the family, we decided to rule it out. :( Marie is also my middle name. :) People should keep their mouths shut and just be happy for you. I've had friends tell me the names I've chosen were horrible, I told them that this is my child not theirs. When they have children, they can call them whatever they like! Only difference is I wouldnt be cruel by telling them that the names they picked were horrible. You stick with what YOU want and dont ever let yourself be swayed by other peoples opinions!xx

Well said hun touchwood I have nice family and inlaws and they're happy with the nane I have chosen and. I say it's tought titties really what ur MIL wants because it's ur baby not hers xxx

Sophia is a beautiful name, with a great meaning. I love it!

I love Sophia, ignore her. She won't have a choice but to call her that when she is born!

Lol that was what i first thought, well tough you will have to get used to it. Just a bit annoyed paige came home calling the bump ella as though MIL had said to her i think she should be called this... grrr lol

Sophia is Beautiful, what a bloody cheek! When I called my gorgeous son Beau I got few comments, p'd me off too, you will never please everyone, so best advce is always please yourself :) xxxx

How true Helly, and at end of the day like everyone says its my daughter so sod em lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back