Gotta try

Thank you ladies 😊

Scan on Tuesday went ok again but eggs still a little too small at 11mm for the HCG shot. Back again for another scan on Friday if I don't ovulate before then and if they're closer to 18mm they will jab me then.

Bad news was I now have a cyst on the other ovary as well 🙄

Exciting news is that they found that there are in fact 2more follicles (one on each side) growing. They r very small but with an AMH of 0.6 it was pretty much a miracle I have one egg on each side growing let alone two!! 😃 Maybe this Q10, Vit B, Vit D, Omega 3, Asprin and folic acid combo I've been throwing down my neck every day for a couple of months now is actually doing some good!! 😊

Sending everyone positive baby making vibes 😊 Xx

A great scan today so had to share!! 😃

THREE mature follicles!!!! THREE!! 😃 That's better than when I had my initial fertility screening! 😃

Two are 19+mm and one is only 13mm but still....3!! 😃 Better than I could've dreamed of!

Trigger shot of HCG tonight and then getting basted (they probably call it inseminated) on Sunday morning 😊

Keeping everything crossed 😃

That is great news, good luck!

I don't know how long the hcg takes to leave your system but you could get some cheap tests and test daily until the line goes, then you know if a line appears again it has worked! Heard a few people who have used this method.

Hi snowbee,

Firstly, many congratulations on ur wonderful news! 🍼🍼😃

I hadn't thought of that! I think I shall b giving that a go! 😊 Thank u!! 😃
Xxx

Thank u! 😊

Sat in a chair with a dodgy hospital gown and particularly sexy hair net on as I type! 😳 Won't be long 😊 Then it's the 2ww! 😬

Hope it went well!

I have my counselling session booked for in a month, so kind of on track with the hoped-for timeline.

Good luck in the 2ww! xxx

Thank u! Omg!! Is this really still only day 1????!!! 😬

Excellent news tinselcat! So pleased ur on track 😊 The IUI is the most undignified process I have been through but it was a bit uncomfortable, certainly not painful, and over in a few minutes so really not that different from some of my experiences with past boyfriends! 😉

POAS today for the first time 10dpiui.....BFN.....I wish we could just know one way or the other without all this waiting around! 😳

Called the clinic today as I still have literally no clues as to whether the IUI did or didn't work so I needed to book in for my nurses consultation for IVF to begin this month if the IUI fails. I found that very depressing. 😕 Not a good day all in all!

AF has arrived 12dpiui! As much as I was going nuts with the 2ww....it would've been nice to actually have a 2ww!! 🙄😔😔

Ah well, had already booked appointment for the 14th for my IVF nurses consultation just in case the IUI didn't work and that has now been moved forward to Monday. Onwards!

Aw sorry to hear that. Good luck for your next cycle, do you know when it is likely to be?

Thank u. Had a bit of a boo when I got home from work and now gotta sort my head out for the IVF.

With such a low AMH they don't want me to wait at all so I will beginning the IVF this cycle. I am having mild natural cycles so very few meds involved as far as I know....will know more on Monday. So typical of my period to start early and on a Friday!!! 🙄

I hope all's well with u luvvie xx

So, after a chaotic week I have today had to cancel my first IVF cycle. I am totally gutted 😔 The donor I was using unfortunately (though happily for 5 other families to be fair) reached his 5 family creation limit so I can no longer use his "product". The clinic I'm at had no other suitable donors for me so I have now had to outsource to the London sperm bank. They take 2-4weeks to deliver so there was no point in attending my first scan today and there is certainly no point in going through an egg collection if one of the only 2 ingredients required may be missing.

Ah well, I have a month to gather my thoughts and get my head straight as I was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed when I picked up all the meds (and paid for them!! 😱). Did anyone else feel like that?

Oh no! That's a shame :(

Although if you have a month to try and destress then maybe there's a silver lining?

I think ivf is pretty overwhelming the first time (especially if you have to inject yourself a lot) but the process becomes a lot less daunting the next. But hopefully you won't need a next :) xx

I was sad to hear that the iui didn't work out last cycle for you xx

PS have my implications counselling next week!

Last edited:
Hey 20percent, how are you doing?

I had a question - how long does it take after ordering the sperm for it to be made available? xx (I know you said 2-4 weeks for delivery but I don't know if there are any other delays to factor in?)

I am hoping to start my donor cycle in Jan now! xx

Hi tinselcat, how spooky that I popped on today having not looked any anything baby related for a couple of weeks to try and reset!

No problem....the truth is it varies wildly! For my IUI I got it from the clinic I'm using so it literally took as long as signing a piece of paper and handing over my credit card. Now I've had to go elsewhere it's been very different!

The clinic I'm using say it takes around 1week from a uk bank and 2weeks from a bank abroad. However, London sperm bank (who I'm using as they seem to have the widest variety of donors I could find) won't guarantee a delivery time of less than 4weeks and say it can sometimes take 6!!

I am currently a good 2weeks in and i am still waiting for the match forms (where u prove that the donor u have chosen is appropriate for u) to come through (via email....how long can that take!!!!!). I would definitely suggest using ur own clinic's bank if they have one as it is a whole lot easier and less stress but mine didn't have any suitable donors left at all once the one I was using reached his family quota so I had to go elsewhere.

Exciting that ur starting in a couple of months!! :D Prepare urself for it all being a bit of a frustrating process but (everything crossed) it really will all be worth it!!

Hey 20%, how's it going?

I saw the doctor again at the clinic and signed the final consent forms/got blood/urine taken etc
They're going to try me on the long protocol this time.

Now my next step is to find & order the :sperm:

Last edited:
Hello tinselcat,

Ah, how exciting! Have you got ur donor "product" :oooo: sorted now?

What is a long protocol? I'm still pretty much only familiar with the stuff they are doing to me (there is a lot of reading to be done with IVF isn't there!!).

I am having a mare to be honest. My clinic have received the donor product but my period is MIA!! :wall2: it should have started on the 8th....nothing! I just want to get going with it all. :(

If it hasn't started next week I'm gonna call the clinic and see what they think is causing this delay (I'm guessing it is just me stressing about it really!). Sooooo frustrating!!

Keep me posted on how things are going for you!:)

Xx

Hi 20%

I was gutted to hear things didn't work out with your last cycle :(

Long protocol is where they give you extra hormonal drugs to stimulate you before the cycle in which you do IVF starts. I'm being offered that now as we didn't get a great amount of eggs last time (just 3 'mature' ones out of 6 collected).

I've ordered the donor :sperm: which is arriving early January, so it should all be happening in Feb now - exciting! Gotta start doing acupuncture and eating more CoQ10 n stuff!

When are you next planning to try again? Would you consider stimulated IVF? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back