Got my maternity dates sorted!!!

Amanda

Reaction score
I've just been to HR and have sorted out the dates for my Maternity Leave. It just seems so real now that I will be off work for soooo long!!

LO is due on the 7th September, and I really can't see me working up to the end, so I have been kind to myself and decided my last working day will be the 4th August. That's only 9 full weeks at work!! :shock: And I've still got 13.5 days holiday left, so I could possibly finish over 2 weeks before that!!!!

And to see my date of return as 4th August 2007 was fantastic!! :dance: :lol: :dance: (although I will be back before then when the money runs out :( )

Not long to go now!
I'm thinking of finishing work on the same day as you - my due date is 10 September. I'm using up some of my holiday now (taking 3 weeks :D ) so going back for such a short time will be fantastic!!

izzyx

I know isn't it bizzare, I've always worked ever seen leaving uni and now knowing that I'll be home for 6 months plus (or if all goes well full time!!). I'm due on the 2nd September - let's hear it for the virgos! I'm thinking of finishing on the 4th of August as well - can't wait!!!!! Think I'll have them pay out my hols instead - mi stingy and want all the money I can get!! 4 weeks off before the baby's here, what am I going to do with myself!! Yipee :dance:

Tankett,

Not sure if you or the other Mum's to be knew this but if in perm employment you still accrue holiday entitlement so make sure you get paid this or that it gets tagged on to the end of your maternity leave, holiday leave during pregnancy has to be carried over and if you decide not to go back to work it has to be paid to you in lieu - I love that no work and holiday pay!

Kat x

Luckily I work for a massive global company and they are sh**-hot on this sort of thing. I've actually still got 13.5 days to take before the end of this year, so I can either take them and finish earlier than the 4th August, or I can request that they get paid in my Xmas wages, which will help. Luckily, I don't have to decide yet.

Then, come January, I get another 27 days for 2007, so may be able to stay off a bit longer!! :dance: :lol: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back