Maternity Pay

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

I've been looking on web for information about Maternity Pay and found a lot of useful information but I'm a little unsure on this:

I work full time at the moment, I plan to take ordinary maternity leave and additional maternity leave - will I have to pay back my maternity pay if I do not return to work after the additional maternity leave?

I suppose it'd be the same question if I was only taking the ordinary maternity leave?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Lucy

If you are paid more than the statutory amount, i.e. if your company give you more maternity pay than they're supposed to then I think they can ask you to pay back the difference.

If you are just going to be getting the normal 90% for 6 weeks and £106 for 20 weeks then no, you don't have to pay it back.

Thanks Rosie!

18+6
Eeek, I'm really fortunate that my employer does pay more than the statutory amounts so I guess I'll have to speak to the HR dept to find out exactly what will happen if I don't return/how long I'll have to go back to work in order to not have to pay it back.

Thanks
Lucy

My employer pays more than the statutory mat pay which I will have to pay back if I do not return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back