Getting a bit down with OH

Lilelephant

Reaction score
As some of u know my OH has his moments

But the last few weeks he has got so much worse I don't know If it is because I am able to do less that I am am noticing it or what!

He has today and tomorrow of work and I thought maybe we would do some stuff together before baby is Here but he is currently still in bed after Staying up on the damn x box.

Yesterday he had a half day came in and didn't even ask about my Hospital appt :-( which was so important to me plus u would think he would atleast enquire about the scan and the well being of his son. He has refused the acupuncture that was suggested cos of the price too :-(

He also sat down on his arse all afternoon while I tried to clean and ended up crying in pain.

I don't know what to do but m terrified I wont be able to cope once Orlando is here :-(

You need to tell that man to buck his ideas up! You've had a bloody hard pregnancy and it's about time he stood up and took responsibility for the situation he's put you in as Orlando is half of him!
He needs to get off that xbox and start helping
You out and behaving like the dad he's going to be in a matter of weeks!
I say get the acupuncture no matter what he says you need to put you and your child first. If he says he can't afford it then he can go without the next videogame he wants!

Aww chick didn't wanna read and run. Have u tried talking to him? Some men don't 'bond' with the baby until its here. My OH is really considerate but doesnt seem to be interested in stuff like touching my belly etc. last week I was having really strong BH and he was sat playing FIFA then asked me did I wanna clean the floors!!! Men just don't understand, although he did come to the 34 week scan the other day and he just seemed disinterested. I asked him why and he admitted that although he can't wait to the wee man is here it just doesn't seem real yet, and the consultant always basically ignores him (which is true haha). Try telling him how u feel chick xxx

Ban the X-box!!! My OH attempted to get one for Christmas. Hell to the no. We're having a baby, you need to grow up, not revert to your own childhood.

I still can't believe he didn't ask about consultant appt :-(

Hmmm, I think you're making it far too easy for him....

When he next leaves the X box alone, I would unplug it and hide it and tell him to grow up and start taking an interest in you and the baby. He needs to realise that you need support and help from him now and when the baby is born.
(He's not going to have time to play on the xbox when LO arrives. I love my PS3 but have only been able to start playing it for an hour in the evenings once LO is in bed).

If that doesn't work I'd resort to treating him the way he is treating you. Pay no attention to him, don't ask him about his day etc. He'll soon realise what it feels like.

Well he has finally emerged from bed but just gonna go shut myself in the kitchen

Agree with everything the girls have said. You need to try and nip this in the bud now before baby comes! He needs a good talking to!! :hug:

In your place really I would get my bumb, thinks and off I go to be a single mom.... I can't believe how irresponsible he can be. I hope you manage somehow to talk some sense to him as things will only get harder once Orlando is here and screaming the house down ...

Throw his xbox out!! Men and ther xboxs really pee me off! I gave OH an ultimatum with his xbox last night and I did it infront of his mum n dad so he knew I was deadly serious and super annoyed about it.

Told him I left my ex bf because of his xbox so I suggest he doesn't go down the same route.

His dad actually stuck up for me too haha!

X

When he next leaves the X box alone, I would unplug it and hide it and tell him to grow up and start taking an interest in you and the baby. He needs to realise that you need support and help from him now and when the baby is born.

Thats pretty much what i was gonna say - time to remove the xbox! sounds like he needs a time out!!

xxx

I dont get men who play x.box its like they dont wanna grow up! Play him at his own games and do sod all and give the silent treatment. Bloody men! X

Oh sweetie :hugs:
How inconsiderate of him, get rid of that damn x-box, that should hit him where it hurts.
I'm a tad evil, I'd break it accidenly on purpose iykwim. Xxx

aw hun i know how u feel, my ex was a right twathe used to waste bloody money while i was trying to make sure we could survive with a baby lo, dont think he ever did any house work and even started working a bit later.

he came to the scans and one midwife appointment, some days i was really ill and he would refuse to even ask work if he could leave a little earlier to help me.

not telling you to do this laura but with me i was far better off on my own GIRL POWER!!!!! lol

men good for spreading the seed and sod all else (apart from the odd few) xx

I can't imagine not being with him tho I love him and I know deep down he loves me. I just want him to grow up

Maybe all he needs is to think that he is loosing you... Have a talk with him and make him nderstand that has no option other than grow up...

I agree that thinking he might lose you because of the way he's behaving might make him think. He should be looking after you and making sure everything he can help with is done so that you can relax! I'd tell him that you don't mind him being on the x box before Orlando is here but it can only be when there is nothing left to do in the house :hug: x

I think you need to tell him how you feel. I know easier said than done, but maybe he just doesn't realise. Men can be mega slow at picking up on things :hug:

Well I told him to buck up his ideas or get out!

He has spent the afternoon sorting odd jobs! We will see how long it lasts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back