Feeling a bit down)-:

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
sorry to moan :oops:

But my Mam has just rung and said my Dad has to cancel his hols he had booked for coming down to see me the week im due

i didnt relise things had got this bad money wise but some one is getting married round my due date and my Dad has said yes to covering for him to go on honeymoon (i have had my due date for 9 months now :twisted: ) he needs the money this much he has to :cry: :(

Anyway Mam may not make it down for the birth yes i know it could be some thing worse
But i had my heart set on her being hear and its hurting a little! its bad enough my dad not coming but my Mam too :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
They will do there best if Coiller comes at a time ie the weekend but if Collier comes on a day my dads working then they may not make it
My Mam for a lot of reasons will find traveling with out Dad hard things i will not go into out of respect for my Mam but she said she will try to get a last minute flight when i go into labour but she proberly will not be here on time
yes she will get here and that great but i wanted her at the birth with me

Sorry everyone this has really got to me i want my Mam with me :cry:

so sorry to hear that. :hug: i know what its like when you have your heart set on something. i am really hoping that your mum can be there for you. try and stay strong and positive.(easier said than done i know) :hug: xxx

Hey sarah,

im so sorry :hug:

You never know though, it may work out ok. It may be a weekend, collier may make an appearence the week after.

Try not to get too upset, things sometimes have a habit of working out ok in the end! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope something can work itself out for you.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry hun, i hope things work out so your mum & dad can come and be with you :hug: :hug:

I bet things will work out better than you planned!

Collier will come on a weekend. If your dad booked the ttime off and came, Collier would probably arrive a day after they had gone home!

:hug: :hug: :hug: I hope I am right :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope everything works out for the best, I know it's not ideal, but maybe take lots of pics so that if they can't make it, they can see the pictures? :hug: I kind of wish my dad could make it over but he's 5,000 miles away and money is an issue for him too. But I know he'll be there in spirit.

Sorry to hear that hun, i know how you had your heart set on your mam being there.
You never know, things may work out as you want them to :)

But if not i'm sure your mam and dad will be there as soon as they can and then you can proudly show off your gorgeous Collier!

xxxxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think i know why moneys tight
Its my fault :( it cost them quite a bit in petrol to come down the other week to bring me the baby stuff from my sister and to visit agian when collier is born will cost them agian

both my sisters where given money when they had my neice and nephew as a gift to thier grandkids a couple of hundred pounds i know this hit them hard but they wanted to give us kids something

now its my turn and i think its happend agian it breaks my heart that they work so hard but to be able to help us out with a couple of hundred pounds causes them to have to cancel holidays and work over time
its just so not fair they where going to stay at a local b&b but my mam said when they do come done can they kip on the futon bed

oh god im in tears my parents have worked there butts of all there lives and have the done the best they can to provide for us my parents would have dearly loved to have helped me out with getting a house but couldnt afford it giving me a little bit of money to buy a few things for collier or put it into a trust fund has causes this

how do i tell them not to give it because i know they will say no sarah we our giving you the money but its my fault they our struggling even this amount dose this to them :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
im not telling them about james dad helping us out as i do not want to hurt my parents

oh what do i do :(
mabye this is better in relationships?

id rather have my mam here for the birth then a couple of hundred pounds
:cry:

oh sarah :hug: :hug: :hug:
u got so emotional hun .. i know how u feel. u made me even tearful now as no one from my family will be able to make it apart from DH. and i really want my mom as well :cry:
The thing is i dunno when will i see them again maybe months from now. i makes me very sad. but i know once our LO's r here we'll feel much better

Maybe ask them if they can 'hold' the money for you. This way, they will feel they are doing it as a favour to you....But in reality, you are giving them time to put it aside bit by bit...until a point when they are a little better off.

You never know, it may work :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know theres nothing I can say that will make the situation any easier and this must be really upsetting for you, just wanted to give you some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

i had something similar with my mum and dad, they insisted it was tradition for them to buy the pram, its the first grandchild so they wanted new, they also knew i liked traditional carrycot pram style as id mentioned this before being pregnant and theyd remembered, all the prams like this were £400 odd :shock: and my mum and dad struggle as it is, in the end we found exactly what we wanted in the sale for £250 and told them it was £200, tried cheaper but they checked the web lol but settled for £200 as we said £50 was for the car seat which we wanted to buy

i still felt and still do feel guilty as i know they struggle but they r also very proud, sounds just like your ma and pa sarah

maybe you could say that youd like your mum there and as a compromise they could give you less for colliers fund or leave it til xmas or til he is 18 even, thats what some peeps do?

saying all of this collier will now probably be overdue or early and not arrive that week anyway, you know what a monkey he can be!!!!

Sorry to hear you sound so sad hun-I hope things work out for you.
Like the other girls have said babies are unpredictable and can come at any time so it might work out in the end anyway.

Have some... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You just tell collier he can't come out on his due date as his grandpa has to work... and we'll all be sending stay in there vibes to you...

In the meantime, have some of these.. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

J
XX

Aww I'm sorry to hear you so down. But as the others have said, babies hardly ever come when planned (I can vouch twice for this!) and things will probably work out in the end.

I hate taking money off people, i can just about deal with my parents paying for a few big things (they wanted to buy moses basket and are now saying they'll pay for the cot, so i'm searching in the same price range i would if i was paying), but my parents have money, they moan but they by no means struggle.

However, when baby daddies mum was saying she wanted to pay for the pram i felt so bad, tried everything to say she didnt have to, deliberately didnt bring it up but she was determined. Whilst i was with baby daddy i heard a lot about how they have no money, loads of things had gone wrong recently, having to replace their car, oven, a fence all around the garden, and his dad is facing redundancy, i even contemplated not cashing the cheque she gave me. I hate this money thing! Plus i thing she feels obliged as Baby daddy hasnt given a penny towards her.

As for you're parents not coming down like planned it's a disappointment but at least you no your mum will be there asap when he's here, if not just before. I do understand it must hurt not having them there, it's bad enough me knowing the first time most of my family will see Tally is when she's christened, and even then i think some will make excuses about coming and it'll be the young ones, all the older ones will get a train, and drive down together, it's a 5 hour drive down here yet some of my family have never even seen our house and we've lived here for 10 years :roll:

Any way this isnt a thread for me to moan in lol, hope you feel better and fingers crossed it all works out :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back