Feeling a bit down)-:

Poor you Sarah - I really hope things work out for you :hug:

Sorry about your upset, i have no pearls of wisdom
but have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

abcd1234 said:
I hate taking money off people, i can just about deal with my parents paying for a few big things (they wanted to buy moses basket and are now saying they'll pay for the cot, so i'm searching in the same price range i would if i was paying), but my parents have money, they moan but they by no means struggle.

However, when baby daddies mum was saying she wanted to pay for the pram i felt so bad, tried everything to say she didnt have to, deliberately didnt bring it up but she was determined. Whilst i was with baby daddy i heard a lot about how they have no money, loads of things had gone wrong recently, having to replace their car, oven, a fence all around the garden, and his dad is facing redundancy, i even contemplated not cashing the cheque she gave me. I hate this money thing! Plus i thing she feels obliged as Baby daddy hasnt given a penny towards her.

As for you're parents not coming down like planned it's a disappointment but at least you no your mum will be there asap when he's here, if not just before. I do understand it must hurt not having them there, it's bad enough me knowing the first time most of my family will see Tally is when she's christened, and even then i think some will make excuses about coming and it'll be the young ones, all the older ones will get a train, and drive down together, it's a 5 hour drive down here yet some of my family have never even seen our house and we've lived here for 10 years :roll:

Any way this isnt a thread for me to moan in lol, hope you feel better and fingers crossed it all works out :hug:

You can moan on my thread if you want hunny and :hug: :hug: :hug: to you with what your going through its a shame your family havnt visited you . Very sweet of the fathers mother to give you something towards your baby she seems like a lovely person as least she wants to be involved with her grandchild :hug: The money thing is hard how do you get around to saying no thank you when you know they our struggling with out making them feel hurt or unable to provide for thier own :? :?

my parents also have to buy a new oven there's has packed up so i think along with that and traveling to see me and giving money for Collier its wiped then out :(

Im going to talk to my Sister and see what we can work out :think:

Thank you everyone for your hugs and support it means so much :hug:

Sorry to hear this :hug:

If your mum could make it down on her own can you look into cheaper options for her to travel to you? ie Megabus...? It wouldn't solve the problem of her travelling alone and your dad not being there but it may at least make the money less of an issue :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Have they already given you money for Collier's trust fund thing? If not then can you convince them to put it on hold? Afterall Collier can't get it until he is 18 so it doesn't make too much difference when it's put in there! Or maybe they could set up a small direct debit to it - just a few pounds per month so that they don't feel the money going so much?

I know how you feel though. My OH's parents earn so much more than my mum does per year (at least 4 times more) yet my mum works just as hard as them. My mum can't afford to get us much at all (i don't expect her to) but my OH's parents are always trying to pay for things - like my OH's mum bought my wedding dress for me. I didn't really tell my mum that she had - more suggested that she'd loaned me the money.

Sorry, getting distracted there. What i was trying to say was that when it comes to money it's so hard. Try explaining to your mum and dad that you've got their love and that's all you and Collier need. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back