OH is getting bored PF waiting?!!!!

ForestLas80

Reaction score
Seriously I do understand what waiting for the phone to ring to get the all important call is like but my OH is getting so impatient now we are "overdue". He is kind of making me feel like I am letting him down a bit at the moment by not being able to say i'm in labour now. He desperately wants to not go into work and be at home with me and our baby but it's sooo out of my control I am struggling to have sympathy. I can't wait for baby to arrive so he will not be grumpy any more!! Also it's his Xmas work day out and drinking session all paid for on Saturday and he wants baby to arrive before then so he can go and wet the babies head!! I said it'll depend on what happens with the baby if he can go, that's not unreasonable of me is it?

It's not your OH you should be thinking of! Take care of yourself and make sure you're nice and relaxed :hug:

(if this were my OH I don't think he'd be brave enough to carry on with this sort of attitude - but, then again, I am a mean, mean preggo, LOL!)

No, it's totally reasonable of you - unlikely you'll just spit out a baby in the next few days and then be happy whilst he goes off boozing, you're bound to want him by your side which is totally normal. Also you've got such a positive attitude re: overdue and the hypnobirthing etc don't let him spoil that for you. xxx

Thanks ladies, he is so supportive and excited about baby but the waiting is not his forte! I have "had a word" about him being a bit down and that it's not helping me. I told him his job is to make me relaxed and happy to get through labour, we'll see if that works. Xxxx

Thats very good, he probably didn't realise it was affecting you, we forget they're as excited and impatients as us deep down!

I think men just say stuff without thinking how it will actually affect you.

I keep getting really bad back pains which make me want to cry at times and all OH said to me tonight was that I need to man up about it. I wasn't even making a scene I just had a little groan and had my hand on my back. He got the biggest and longest death stare going..... he then apologised.

Nothing works quite like the death stare!!! LOL! I have quite a few of those in my repertoire.

I agree. Men don't think at times. They can be totally thoughtless! Don't think they always mean it though :hug: Hope you don't have to wait too much longer hun. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back