*Forum Meet in York - 12 noon, Friday 20 June 2008* see pg1

leckershell

Reaction score
York Meet - 12 noon - Friday 20th June!

Reserved area in Slug and Lettuce has been booked for 12 noon though they are flexible and this can be budged to earlier or later if people prefer.

Here is a map and sorry it's a bit rubbish but I've just put it up quickly for the time being... I've highlighted things in orange.

www.slugandlettuce.co.uk/york

Slug and Lettuce is on Back Swinegate (YO1 2AY) not too far from the York Minster cathedral.

On page 12 onwards I suggested either meeting there for 12 (or I can move it forward to 1130 if that's better?) or people perhaps meeting each other at the train station if their trains get in at similar times? If people are even catching the train that is...

Suggestions welcome for actual meeting places unless you think Slug and Lettuce will be fine!

current list as far as i can see...

interested...

leckershell (highchair)
Sweetcheeks24 (highchair)
Lola's Mummy (highchair)
Babylicious
Keano_forever
Sarah&LJ
jools221181 +OH (no highchair)
Emma58
happy_chick (highchair)
Geordie Lass
Kimbo
Emma28
jodie_honey (no highchair)
Starfish (highchair)
Gene
Adele (highchair)
1sttimemum
pilkers
Haylii&Mia (highchair)
Xena (highchair + 1 extra chair)
jen+james (no highchair)

can't make it
valentine
mrs_tommo22
Snuggle +OH
Full of hope!
monster_munch
MissSara
babyroo
jennywren
EmmyLou
bunnymom1980

x

I know somebody was organising a meet at Grimsby (?) but I don't think it ever happened...?

Would anybody be up for a North East meet? I'm happy to organise it but might need some help with the local areas!

I looked on a map and the main towns seem to be York, Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, S****horpe, Grimsby, and a bit lower down Lincoln and Nottingham.

Maybe Leeds and Sheffield are too central and would be the same as the Manchester meet so maybe a bit further east for those that were too far from Manchester? Nottingham maybe a bit close to the Birmingham meet?

Only thing is me and ryan would need some cheap accomodation, so somewhere with a travelodge in town.. or a cheap bnb. Currently I don't have transport but may do closer to the time, so somewhere that's easy for me (and others) to get to by train would be good.

Any ideas or suggestions? Would anybody be interested?

I would love to come to a meet nearer to me, I'm in sheffield.
I think its a great idea, ive been kicking myself for not going to any meets yet and this would be my chance before i pop.

MissSara said:
I think its a great idea, ive been kicking myself for not going to any meets yet and this would be my chance before i pop.

I'll put a poll up for places.. :)

But yeah, I went to the Birmingham meet last year and it makes everybody seem so much more real, that you're talking to real people and you can make friends with people you hadn't previously noticed on the forum before because you're in different sections TTC/babies/tri's etc.

There was another Haven meet mentioned and i definately am up for meeting somewhere, if there is another meet at Haven i would be up for that too, Mablethorpe was mentioned but i cant seem to find the thread?

Are all those places in the north east :lol:

I voted York cos it's beautiful and has loads to do, other places are too far really (don't have direct train services I don't think) apart from Leeds but not sure how much there is to do for us, probably plenty but I don't know it that well.

:D

I put nottingham, purely because its close too me. Id love too meet some more of you.
Are any of you going to the london meet?

Sweetcheeks24 said:

I voted York cos it's beautiful and has loads to do, other places are too far really (don't have direct train services I don't think) apart from Leeds but not sure how much there is to do for us, probably plenty but I don't know it that well.

:D
I was thinking exactly the same :D , i did'nt realise the North East covered such a big area.
I also voted York, I don't know it too well but there's loads of B&B's etc and a big train station. :cheer:

Sweetcheeks24 said:

That's what I was thinking. I live in the NE and none of those are anywhere near me! :lol:

Yeah, I think the area specified for the north east is a bit wide. I always think the north east is kinda sheffield/leeds to edingburgh cause dont forget you have newcastle and northumbria which are both a fair way from york.

I live on the borders of county durham and north yorks, literally walking distance from the A1m, practically next door to scotch corner services. There is a b and b and a travel lodge here as well as scotch corner hotel.

Maybe we should split these areas into 2, maybe 'north east' and 'yorkshire' (just a suggestion though) :D

im rubbish to be fair, its probably more like middle-east lol. newcastle is far too far for me so i aimed at leeds and places near it. but you can all have a uber-north-east meet without me if you like.... lol :D

i can change the poll if someone suggests better places :) i think york is lovely but dont know if its too far for anyone.

I voted York it's not closest to me but it's a lovely place. The have a few things to do there as well.

Hull is closest to me i think the best place to go here would be The Deep :)

York is a nice place and its not that far away if i take the train.

lulu said:
Yeah, I think the area specified for the north east is a bit wide. I always think the north east is kinda sheffield/leeds to edingburgh cause dont forget you have newcastle and northumbria which are both a fair way from york.

I live on the borders of county durham and north yorks, literally walking distance from the A1m, practically next door to scotch corner services. There is a b and b and a travel lodge here as well as scotch corner hotel.

Maybe we should split these areas into 2, maybe 'north east' and 'yorkshire' (just a suggestion though) :D
Lulu you don't live far from me :wave:

This is just a suggestion, but im thinking more for the kiddies and it is a lovely day out.
What about Sundown adventure land ???? not sure if any of you have heard of it, and im not quite sure what area that is classed in....lol

Maybe if you google it it will give directions. But im about teenie tiny babies, oh well just an idea really.

:rotfl: at Midna!

Newcastle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

But failing that (I suppose it really is too far North for many) York sounds great, there is lots to do and fairly easy to get to vis roads/rail etc.

I voted Leeds but I could make it to York too, it's close enough :)

I voted Grimsby as that is nearest to me. But id be will to travel to hull or sheffield.

York is a bit far for me on my own with the girls though

leckershell said:
im rubbish to be fair, its probably more like middle-east

:rotfl:

York, York, York :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

It has so many beautiful places and cheap family friendly B&B's that aren't too expensive too. I think most places have a direct train to it as it's east coast mainline :D

I voted York as I live 30 mins away. Depending on dates depends if I can make it. :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back