For those of you who are "Just Mums"

mamichuli

Reaction score
I wrote this coz I was feeling down about missing so much time with Ani, and thought it would do me good to get it off my chest - it isn't a rant, or a moan, just something I wanted to say. I dont expect answers, just wanted to share my feelings,

:hug: :hug: :hug:

For those of you who are “Just Mums”

There are times when people ask stay-at-home-mums how they do it, why they don’t go out to work, if they are not bored by the constant housework, cleaning up, naughtiness, lack of free time, or even “me” time…this is what I can say…

I envy those of you who are Just Mums, you are so fortunate. When your baby starts to crawl, you are there; when he stands for the first time and grins widely with pride at his achievement, you are there; when she hurts her little finger and holds it up for a magic kiss, you will be there… When there is a school play, you will not need to juggle your agenda, promise to try to go, make sure your child understands you want to be there, but may not be able to make it, your little one will have no doubts as to your presence. You will have time to create a perfect costume for fancy dress, not something bought in a shop, but made at home, it won’t be perfect like the shop one, but in twenty years, your child will remember that fancy dress and smile…because he was so upset you hadn’t bought it for him. My child will probably not even remember my shop-bought effort…

Don’t let anyone knock you because you don’t have a “career”. You have the most important job in the whole world, and to top it all, you are unpaid and probably not appreciated as much as you should be, but you will be home when your little girl gets back from school and needs help with her homework. She may not like your overbearing presence now, but will look back with affection on her childhood spent with you.

I just wanted to let you know that you are my idols, Just Mums. You are special people, and when someone tries to make you feel down about yourself, remind yourself that you are the only person in a job who is truly irreplaceable. If I leave my company tomorrow, there are hundreds of people out there who can do my job, but if you are unique to your family, there is no one quite like Mum.

Thank you so much mamichuli, that really made me feel good about being a SAHM.

:hug:

May i send it to a friend of mine, she could do with just this type of boost, i'll give you credit of course.

Thanks so much, Ive been having such a bum time recently with being a SAHM, thats really made me feel so much better!

mamichuli said:
Don’t let anyone knock you because you don’t have a “career”. You have the most important job in the whole world

That hit the nail on the head really. I'm sick of being judged just cos I'm 22 with 2 kids and I don't work. I've been lucky enough to be able to stay at home with the kids while Daniel goes out to work. Most of the time I feel like everyone else is better than me cos they have their careers and I haven't done anything with my life :oops:

:hug: :hug: :hug: From a soon to be just Mum. xxx

Same here kirsty, though im a couple of years older then you. Just tell yourself that you have years yet to carve out a career and life for yourself as soon as the kids are in school!!!

Awww that is so sweet. I have just left my successful career to become a SAHM and I often wonder if i am doing the right thing, will I loose my professional identity etc. Your words remind me that I have definately made the right decision. I can work any time in my life, but I will never get these early years with my child back.

What a lovely post mamichuli :hug: :hug:

I always feel so LUCKY to be a sahm. I see so many mums around me who have to go back to work. I am fortunate that OH has a good career and can comfortably support us both. If I wanted my career back I would, I still own my own business, but the bottom line is I don't want too yet. People can judged me as much as they want, but I know where I'd rather be come Monday morning! I love being at home with Dan, watching him learn and grow. I am far from bored with my 'job'.........................for starters theres no time to be bored! :wink:
Its great being a SAHM :cheer:

That is lovely :D I'm hoping and praying that I win lottery before April so I can be a SAHM :pray: Unfortunately we just cant afford it :(

i totally agree with you. i sooo wish i could be a stay at home mum :cry:

Melanie said:
Thank you so much mamichuli, that really made me feel good about being a SAHM.

:hug:

May i send it to a friend of mine, she could do with just this type of boost, i'll give you credit of course.

No need to give me credit, I'm glad you liked it, I am kinda glad you all liked it :)

Lisa

It makes me feel sad that I'm going back to work :(

I'm gonna really try and spend proper time with him on my 2 days off tho :hug:

thats loverly hun
its made me cry tho coz i so wish i could be a SAHM but sadley i just cant afford it :cry:

I want to be a proper SAHM, im just not around in the evenings for dinner and bathtime :(

I'm going back to work in a few weeks, I really really don't wanna leave Ryan :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you so much :hug: I haven't worked since I was in my first tri with Ella (work problem, they didn't like me being pregnant!). So I've been at home for nearly 3 years now and I really feel like I'm missing out. All my friends with children work, but I'm at home every day and sometimes just feel like a cleaner, bum changer, cook and someone to scream at 24/7! I guess I don't appreciate that I'm lucky to be at home with the kids, but when you are at home with them all the time I don't think you do make the most of it?

:hug: to all the SAHM and working mums that need them :hug:

I completely agree,wish I could be a SAHM.Have to get an education though :roll: awk well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back