For all the tired mums...

mamichuli

Reaction score
Just thinking about how tired we all are sometimes, and how we try to be "super mums" and I remembered something my MIL sent me and which made me smile, thought i would share it with all of you, puts things into perspective, dunno I like it, anyway. :hug: :hug: :hug: :D

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better,
to paint a picture or write a letter,
bake a cake or plant a seed,
ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
with rivers to swim and mountains to climb,
music to hear and books to read, friends to
cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
old age will come and it's not kind.
And when you go - and go you must -
You, yourself, will make more dust!

awww I like that - particularly as I have been in tears today over how tired I am and I don't feel I am getting enough done.

Hun, what do you MEAN you are not gettin nuff done? You are taking care of a gorgeous little baby...the best job in the world :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

ah thanks, I have lists of things running around my head that I want to get done. And as Livvy has cried and not settled today I don't think I'm doing much of job there either. :(

Sorry - excuse my little pity party :roll: Am going to treat myself to a bath and a (very) early night later. :)

Awww, if little Livvy is not having a good day, i can understand that would be getting you down...but you are still doing a great job, poor LO is just having a bad day...not your fault, you are the good part of her bad day! :lol:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back