Folic acid

Lianatoot

Reaction score
Are you all taking folic acid while your TTC...or do you take supplements such as pregnacare?

I've been taking Folic Acid for the last 4 months but today I went and brought Pregnacare as I read somewhere it was better ... I don't know if this is right though!!

:) I'm just taking folic acid, but I might start taking pregnacare lol I need all the help I can get! x

I must admit I like the pregnacare, you can also get one with added Omega 3, which is good for babys brain development.

For 3 months before TTC and during TTC I took the Sanatogen pronatal vitamins, then during pregnancy and breastfeeding days I took the Sanatogen Prenatal with omega 3 oils, they are loaded with the iron, folic acid and so forth needed for pregnancy and slightly cheaper that pregnacare too. http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1046315

Im just taking folic acid, i have been told thats fine. I hope so anyway.

Oh yeah, folic acid is great, it gives you body a great start for pregnancy!

does anyone know how long you can take folic acid for?
i know you are meant to take it 3 months before but if you have not got your BFP in that time do you just keep taking it??

i take the folic acid and a pre~pregnancy multi vitamin. :shock:

I was taking Folic Acid and Pregnacare during TTC.

I have recently read you are suposed to take Folic Acid whilst TTC and for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy!

I only take folic acid!

As I understand it you only need folic acid for baby, if you're getting a good balanced diet you shouldn't need any other supplements but as my diet is only ok not brilliant I take the pregnacare one with the omega 3 (hate fish so I don't get natural omega 3). You have to be careful about the omega 3 as you can't take ones derived from fish livers.

*CLAIREBEAR* said:
does anyone know how long you can take folic acid for?
i know you are meant to take it 3 months before but if you have not got your BFP in that time do you just keep taking it??

i take the folic acid and a pre~pregnancy multi vitamin. :shock:

Folic acid should be taken at least 3 months before getting pregnant, but if you haven't done so yet, it's no biggie. Just take it for the first 10-12 weeks of pregnancy. That's what my GP told me, anyway.

I take a multivitamin which contains 750mcg folic acid. Basically, I'm more or less like you.

Good luck with TTC and babydust to you! :hug:

I take Tesco pregnancy vitamins which you can take from TTC right up until breast feeding - because my diet isn't great. But FA on its own is fine too.

I have been taking prenatal complex plus extra 400mg folic acid for the past six months....doc wanted me to have 1000-1200mg of folate...I do hope you can take that much long term as I am not pg yet. Doc never warned me of long term side effects.... :shock:

Im taking Pregnacare.... which reminds me I need to go take one!! :lol: thanks for that!!!

I was told that omega 3 is also important so taking the pregnacare with omega 3!!!! its expensive but worth it?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back