Folic Acid

Is anyone taking folic acid yet whilst TTC or are you waiting till you get your BFP? I have started taking a vitamin B complex for my energy levels, but it also contains 100% rda folic acid which is handy.

yep im on it hun and have been for the last 8 weeks :D xxx

Yup, my doctor recommended taking it before hand, ive read that its best to start 3 months prior to TTC to make sure you have enough in your body.

Lots of quick votes! Thanks girls!

Are you remembering to take it everyday Rach?

I use to take 'Mums Essentials' - I now take 'Sanatogen' & Vit B6

:D

loving the new ticker wobbles :rotfl: xxx

Yep, I started taking it at the start of my last pack of pills. Now I'm taking folic acid, zinc, selenium with vits ACDE and I'm addicted to marmite :D OH is taking all those too.

Marmite is lush, when I was pregnant with Damien I used to eat so much marmite I doubt I needed folic acid supplements!! :lol:

I've been taking it for four months and OH has been taking Folic Acid and Zinc for two months - bless him! :clap:

yeah i am taking it,

I didnt take it last time round, thought id get enough in food :(

xx

I voted yes in your poll as I started taking it as soon as we planned ttc! xx

arcanegirl said:
I eat alot of vegemite, that has plenty of folic acid too

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvve Vegemite!!! Fell in love with it the first time we went to australia, used to be soooo hard to get here, had to get some sent back with people coming home!!!

I stopped taking Folic Acid a couple of months ago, so i clicked no, but i started taking it again the other day....

I only stopped taking it cos of the doctor... :wall:

xox

Fingers crossed said:
Yep, I started taking it at the start of my last pack of pills. Now I'm taking folic acid, zinc, selenium with vits ACDE and I'm addicted to marmite :D OH is taking all those too.
careful of vit A. highly toxic if taken in large amounts as it is hard to expel from your system. Should be avoided totally when pregnant.

Sami and Hayley - get your OHs to take Folic Acid and Zinc. It improves the sperm count by 86% (as researched by Becks who is now pg!)

I heard bananas are good too, is that right?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back