Folic Acid.

brianni

Reaction score
wondering what folic acid really dose....? iv been taking them for the past week now and drinking loads of water too....
i know folic acid helps with the baby and stuff but my friend said i can take them while ttc.. any 1 else take folic acid?

folic acid helps with brain and spinal cord development, can reduce the risk of downs and such like...good luck ttc x

thanks.... and is it true that by taking folic acid you hav a better chance off ttc ?

Hiya Brianni

From pre conception to every single stage of pregnancy Folic acid is an important vitamin always present and widely recommended not only for a healthy diet but to give birth to a healthy baby.

Folic acid prevents birth defects, including neural tube defects and other birth disorders like congenital heart disease, cleft lip and premature death; this is the reason why it is considered a brain food and energy producer. Folic acid is in charge of formatting red blood cells and properly strengthens immunity, formation and functioning of white blood cells.

As a nutrient, folic acid also helps a woman overcome depression and anxiety at the same time it is an effective treatment of uterine cervical dysplasia. The daily recommended consumption is 400 micrograms of folic acid, in addition to a well balanced diet.

Folic acid works even best when it is combined with vitamin B12 and vitamin C. A lot of multi-vitamins now contain the required amount of folic acid plus the other vitamins your body needs during pregnancy.

A woman who is not yet pregnant should keep in mind that alcohol inhibits folic acid absorption.

In addition, it is important to know that women who have been using oral contraceptives for a long time will need an increased requirement of folic acid during pregnancy; without it, cell division might be impaired leading to poor growth.

Hope this helps

No I dont think it helps you in ttc, it just gets your body healthy ready for when you DO conceive and helps build a healthy baby xxx

Your OH can take Folic Acid too to help with sperm production, especially if taken with zinc. Apparently, that can improve a sperm count by 74%!

^^ LOL we found that out hehe yeah i take folic acid as my brother actually does have spinda bifida and hydrocepahuls and im in a higher risk group and want my baby to be ok when i concieve

Yeah, it was Becks who found that out but I was taking the credit - busted! :twisted:

I know! But I have to confess to testing a few days ago and getting a BFN. I have got AF pains though and I just dont feel different so I'm really not holding out much hope this month :(

ahhhh reallyyy.. im gonna get ian to pop sum folic acid then..lol :D ee ya learn sumthing new every day thanks guys xxx

im taking sanatogen pro natal which a few people recommended on here, it contains folic acid and all the other nutrients you need when ttc and through your entire pregnancy :D

I take Mums Essentials Pre-birth. For when your trying & while you are pregnant :D

Alicebabe said:
I know! But I have to confess to testing a few days ago and getting a BFN. I have got AF pains though and I just dont feel different so I'm really not holding out much hope this month :(
same here really

hi alicebabe and becks im due next thurs and im not feeling any different and feeling like AF will come, i guess at least we're in the same boat - oh its gutting. but small chance yet as AF has yet to arrive and im hanging onto that :pray: :pray: :pray: thinking of you

hehe my af is due 2moz but have symptoms and reckon its gonna happen grrr

i always do lol i cant help myself got cheapies from ebay them lil strips so far bfn :(

aww, well hopefuly it will be a BFP soon!

good luck :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back