folic acid v pre conception vits

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on this.
Is pre conceptionn vits just an excuse to make money from us or do they offer a bigger benefit to just taking folic acid?
I've swapped drom pre conception vits to folic acid for the reason that they are cheaper and GP said that folic acid is sufficent as long as you have a balanced diet which I do.

I am currently taking pre conception vitamins just because I work shifts and so my diet can be a bit rubbish when I am at work (but have been making an extra effort since TTC) but to be honest I think they probably are just a way of making money. I have read on quite a few sites that folic acid is sufficient as long as you maintain a healthy balanced diet.

Ive only ever taken Folic Acid (Preconcieve) since we started TTC in Jan....my nurse said thats enough but obvisouly its personal choice if you take more xxxx

I' m veggi ( but eat fish)...after they told me i had missed my MC they took blood tests and found my iron levels to be really good. I was shocked but pleased. I asked the doctor at the hospital and she said folic acid is enough....my sister in law bought the pregnacare vits for me for when we start TTC, so i will take them and see how i feel. But i believe folic acid is enough. These vitamins haven't always been around to take, but there is proof that folic acid works.

BTW...Boots are doing buy 2 get the cheapest free on the pregnacare range, just thought i would mention it. ;)

xx

Cool thanks. Tesco have their foolic acid on buy 3 for the price of 2 also :)

If your healthy enough then colic acid is enough. For me personally, I need all the vitamins I can get out of 1 pill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back