first midwife appointment tomorrow

mandii

Reaction score
hey girls, i found out two days ago after doing 5 tests that i am pregnant, if ive worked it out im 3 weeks and have my first midwife appointment tomorrow, what can they do at 3 weeks? xxx

Wow, thats really early for a mw appointment, mine didnt come through until 9 weeks. I'm not sure what they'd do that early to be honest x

Do you mean a GP appointment to register your pregnancy?? Surely you dont mean your mw booking appointment? x

i called my doctor to tell them i had 3 faint positives on HPT and they made me and appointment with MW for tomorrow xx

Oh right, they're really on the ball there. My dr had to send of a referral to the hospital of my choice and then I got a letter in the post for my booking in, it took weeks, as I say it was when i was around 9 weeks. I would have loved it to be a lot sooner. Does your dr know just how early you are? I didnt think mw's saw ladies til a lot later and you're not due af until 18th April are you? Maybe they think you are further along?? x

Wow that is early! I had 3 mc's and still couldn't see mine until I was 9 weeks. Your doc and mw sound fab x

when the doctors receptionist asked how far on i was i told her AF was due on the 18th but 5 early detection tests had came up positive and if going by the first day of my last period i would be 3 weeks and they booked me in i suppose i will know the reason for the appointment tomorrow xx

Wow that is very quick! I'm impressed! My doctor wrote to the mw there and then whilst I was telling him at 5 weeks I was pregnant as I have health complications and my first mw appointment isn't for 10 days yet.

Do you live in a low population area can I ask?

no i live in a town called coatbridge 14 milesoutside glasgow xx

I was under the impression that the reason you see a mw around 9 weeks is so that ladies who may sadly suffer a chemical or an mc are not booked in at say 4 weeks and then mc iykwikm. That would cost the nHS a lot of money and unfortunately it is a business. It means that the ladies who are booked in at 9 weeks are statistically more likely to carry to term, thats what my mw told me anyway.

well from having a son before i had my first appointment when pregnant with him at 4/5 weeks this appointment tomorrow is when im 3 weeks xx

fair enough, i just find it mental that you've got a mw booking appointment before you've even missed a period. Good luck though x

i dont think its a booking appointment even with my first pregnancy i never got my boking appointment till i was 8 weeks probably just a routine appointment for my area xx

i dont think its a booking appointment even with my first pregnancy i never got my boking appointment till i was 8 weeks probably just a routine appointment for my area xx

That makes more sense hun,

Maybe in your area the MW can see you to do your initial appointment if she isn't busy.

As the other's say it seems ludicrous to have a booking appointment when you have just got your BFP (I speak as someone who has had 3 early miscarriages!)

Best of luck and let us know how it went

xxxxxxxx

will do, the receptionist said the policy for my area has all changed it use to be the first appointment was with the doctor and not the mw but now its the mw xx

well done you! for getting appointment in the first instance and well done on your positive test. If it's your first appointment will most likely just be form filling, health questions ,other pregnancies info that sort of thing. Good luck xx

Last edited:
im still in shock katey123, after 5 faint positives im still questioning it hahaha, xxx

wowie! im almost 7 weeks and havent even told my doctor yet. ive got an appointment tomorrow but not really sure what they will want to no? is it just to confirm pregnancy and sort out midwife appointments? sorry im a first timer and it doesnt feel real at all!

congrats on ur bfp lets hope its a sticky bean for you!

good luck with the appointment hope it all goes well
x

just back from midwife appointment, booked in for my booking appointment on the 1st june when i wil be 10 weeks, today as im only 3 weeks the midwife just took height and weight and gave me a book and a dvd, i have to hand in a urine sample on thursday so my gp have a pregnancy test result on their records xx

just back from midwife appointment, booked in for my booking appointment on the 1st june when i wil be 10 weeks, today as im only 3 weeks the midwife just took height and weight and gave me a book and a dvd, i have to hand in a urine sample on thursday so my gp have a pregnancy test result on their records xx

this is wat i had yesyerday and a few forms to do at home to fill my name and adress where possible lol they will then be added to my notes on the 26th april wen i will have my proper booking in app but i also have an early scan booked for next friday im so nervous about that :-/ its so weired how difrently its all done across the country aint it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back