First midwife appointment tomorrow. Help!

SamStevens

Reaction score
Help!
Im 6 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have my first appointment with the midwife tomorrow.
What will happen?
I am very new to all this so don't know what to expect!!
Help please! :oooo:
X

Hi Hun firstly congrats and don't worry. I had my appointment last week and she came to my house. She asked a lot of questions regarding you and oh medical history. Tells you about benefits and gives you loads of info ( bounty pack) it's an enjoyable experience. Ooh they also do urine test, weight, height and I think some will do blood test.

Hope u enjoy xx

Hey, it's really just getting booked in. Midwife will check your blood pressure, weight, take blood and urine samples. And ask a little bit about hereditary diseases in your family - diabetes, heart disease, epilepsy - that sort of thing. And a little about your partners health too.
It's really nothing to worry about. Most midwives don't mind you taking your OH, or a friend along with you. :)

Thanks guys.
Im so excited and nervous and all sorts all at once!
Im really not great with needles so not looking forward to blood tests!
But, needs must!
X

i was dreading having my bloods done but it was a doddle.....was so worked up about it too!!! xx

My midwife won't even see me until 8 weeks! And doc doesn't want to see me to confirm anything either. Am worried I might be having a phantom baby!!! lol

Don't worry if they don't do all those tests. Mine asked aboout medical history and did blood test and urine but didn't check height or weight and I didn't get bounty pack till 12 week scan at hospital so it is sightly different depending on area/ midwife. Good luck.

Congratulations like the ladies say its different everywhere they didnt ask me about my dh's health (altho that could be cos this is our 2nd baby together lol)

Just be prepared for a long app me personally i was in there nearly 2 hours!

I got given a Bounty info pack and booklets with a few vouchers in too, freebies are good, looking forward to hearing your update xxx

I was only in there for 15 mins!
She gave me a poke and a prod and we had a chat.
Im booked in in 3 weeks time for the 2 hour session for all the paperwork etc.
And no blood tests until im 12 weeks! Woo!
Thanks for your help ladies.
X

i got my first app tomorrow too, excited!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back