False labour or start of real thing?

marge

Reaction score
Hi

I've been having what I think must be contractions (period like pains but alot more painful and nothing like BH as these flippin hurt and double me over!) since Friday and every day since (they ease at night). They were every hour apart on fri then sat, sun and today have had no real pattern, they just feel stronger.

As this is my first baby I have no idea what to expect. Does this sound like a good sign? I have stopped DH from going back to work in Holland today just incase they progress into anything more, but how long could this take?

I just want to get on with it!!!

Due at MW tomorrow so might ask her to check and see if anything is happening

Cheers hun :D

Although I would like to shot the person who made up 'due date', huh! :roll:

it certainly sounds like the start of something promising!! :cheer:

Oh I do hope so!

I know its not like I'm overdue or anything but as I've been in pain since friday I at least want to think somethings happening!!! Then I can stop whinging and just get on with it!

It does sound productive. Chances are that these irregular contractions are beginning the job of softening and dilating the cervix so once you actually get going it should be quicker :pray: !

I was in latent labour for just a few hours before I started the real thing but progressed very quickly each time. Sorry it's dragging for you a bit, but hopefully it's all positive pains. Good luck with the midwife :hug:

Hope this is the start for you! :pray: :hug:

With Brody I was up all night with what I thought was trapped wind :oops: which felt like period pains! Was only 37 +5 so thought nothing of it. My waters went at 7 the next morning and when they checked I was already 5-6 cm dilated so fingers crossed this is what your pain is too :pray: :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teacake5
Back