another false start

Layla

Reaction score
im sooo tired today!

last night i felt so much pressure down there, Coby was pushing down hard and i was getting peroid pains, so me and Jase decided to have cuddles to see if it triggerd anything.

i woke up just beofre 2 with really bad peroid pains and tightenings, these came every 10 to 15 mins untill about 4.30 then they just stopped!

i really thought that was it last night, and my bump has dropped really low today.

i know someone here had a few false starts, cant remember for sure who it was tho??

It was me I think.

I was up in the night every night with tightenings. Not only did the slight pain keep me awake but then the excitement kicks in and you start thinking "hooray this is it!"

I totally feel for you babe, I got so tired and frustrated over it :?

I would recomend having a nap in the day to make up for the disrupted nights.

Hopefully you're time will come really soon... I can't wait to hear you've started for real!

aw, layla - hopefully it's the beginnings of something! i can't wait to have this LO out, as soon as i reach 37 weeks i'll be begging him to come! (although in some strange way i actually think i'll miss being pregnant too...) lol

thanks for replying, i had a feeling it was you but didnt want to say for sure in case i was wrong.

i did get really excited, and i thought, if i get one ore i will wake jase and start to get things ready, then it stopped :(

i am going to have a sleep soon, just having a cuppa first then im going to make the most of the empty house.

xx

Aw layla, he's toying with you maybe he gets his head so far down then thinks nah cant be bothered! But just think those tightenings will be getting everything ready down there so hopefully when it does start it wont take long! I got all excited yesterday when she sent me to the day unit to get checked out and thought this could be it then 1/2hour later I was home and havent heard back since, they said they would call about my bloods if they showed anything otherwise just go back to my midwife next week as planned when I'll be 40 +2 hope I have it by then! I also asked about induction, apparently here at term +7 you have a sweep then if that doesnt work at term + 10 you have an induction.So latest I should have it is 20th Jan if induction works so at least I have a worst case scenario date set!

urchin, when you were getting your tightenging on and off, did you feel like he was going to fall out in teh day? lol sorry thats the only way i can describe it, he feels so low that its hard to walk and it just doesnt feel very safe down there.

thats made me laugh Layla I have visions of you getting up and a little head appearing, no effort! wouldnt that be weird if they litterally fell out I watched animal park the other day and the giraffe was giving birth and half of the baby was hanging out of her for ages then she just jumped about a bit and the rest fell out and it landed on the floor. Can you imagine if you had to finish giving birth by jumping around with someone standing behind waiting to catch !

lol thats really how it feels lol

its like he is going to fall out any min lol im wondering wether that means my cervix has opened up a bit more. who knows!

i have also got alot of fliud retantion i think, my ankles , wrists and face has swollen up since last night.

I have tried to get an apointment with my midwife to check all this out but shes fully booked today so im not sure what to do now.

guess iw ill have to sit and wait it out

I generally only got my tightenings at night... I would get up and rock about on my birthing ball for a bit, and think about if I should wake up hubby or not.

It was very low down pressure,yes... but I didn't feel as if the baby was gonna pop right out!

the worst was instead of trying to sleep I would find myself always timing them, so even if I was lying there in the dark with my eyes closed, I would get a tightening and look at the clock and work out how far apart they were!

It won't be long now hun....

I have really bad swelling too. i was wondering about contacting the midwife but decided not to in the end. I cant even put on socks as they give me such a bad dint! As though I am not fat enough!

my midwife just phoned me, shes arranged for another one to come to the house to see me at 11.30.

hopefuly she will have some news for me

Oh good luck hun - she may be able to see if you have dilated at all. I will be thinking of you. Keep us posted.

she didnt do an internal or anything, but she said teh babys head is now fully engaged. the "watery show" the hospital said i had last week, she thinks was my hind waters going, never heard of hind waters tho so not sure on that.

she said if the contractions come back i have to walk about and stimluate my nipples to produce more hormones lol

my fundal height is now 43cm which is huge!! so any time now she said

fingers crossed

No internal????!!!!!
How bizzarre

i'd have thought that would be the first thing they would do

:(

does anyone know about these hind waters?

i have nevr heard of them before now, but she said they can go then the pressure of everything pushing down will re seal things untill the main waters go, is that possible? anyone had that before?

i have heard of hinds waters, they are a smaller sack just behind your main ones- not sure what their purpose is though.

Why is it that we are experiencing all this and still nothing :(
I was walking round the house last night between 2-3.30am with cronic period pain and back ache, loads of pressure.

Absolutely nothing, just period pain and my inside feel red raw :shock:

Hopefully Layla you are on the latter end of things now- fingers crossed hun!! :D :D :D :D

Amy's mum said:
Why is it that we are experiencing all this and still nothing :(
I was walking round the house last night between 2-3.30am with cronic period pain and back ache, loads of pressure.

Absolutely nothing, just period pain and my inside feel red raw :shock:

Hopefully Layla you are on the latter end of things now- fingers crossed hun!! :D :D :D :D

i wouldnt say it was nothing, its defo the start of things, just depends on how long it wants to drag them out for i guess. im happy just letting things take its course for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back