Concerned- False Labour; True labour? So Confused.

Well just rang the hosptal and spoke to MW, who advised me it sounds like its the latent phase of labour, to take some paracetamol, and have a few warm baths. Said this stage can sometimes last a few days! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Told me that after I have taken a few doses of paracetamol, and had a few more baths, if i feel it isnt helping, and getting worse, then to ring back.

Great, am I really in for a few more days of hell? :pray:

Aww I hope it doesn't last a few days for you, hopefully a couple of warm baths will bring things on and speed things up for you :hug:

Sounds like you're well on the way to me. HOW EXCITING! :cheer:

I have to admit I laughed out loud about the patio doors. Men are so funny. I can understand your frustration completely but that is such a typical male thing to do :rotfl:

Best of luck hun :hug:

I also laughed at the patio doors! why do men have to reach for the tool box when birth is around the corner?! Mines exactly the same, it must be male nesting.

You should have something to eat to keep your energy levels up, have another bath, then maybe *try* and get some rest (I know that can be hard when you're in pain).

I hope this latent phase doesn't drag on too much, at least it gives your OH time to fix the mess he's made with the doors! :hug: :hug:

Good Look Shadow, hope this isn't going to go on for a few days

Keep us updated

definitely try to eat something - or an energy drink at least - you are going to need all your strength - good luck :)

ooooh, its exciting!!! Good luck, and hope labour is easy and not very painful for you :hug:

I am bloomin' jelous though :shakehead:
jealous.gif

still here.

Pain has gotten worse, but not hugely so. Much worse than this morn at 10.30, but only slightly worse than a few hrs ago.

New doors are in, and I've had a KFC as i was in no mood for cooking. Contracitons still arent regular, i timed them over the last hr or so again, they went 11mins;9mins;8mins;10mins;6mins;10mins;10mins. Why do i have a horrible feeling i am going to be like this for days!? I still have to do my breathing technique when one comes :(

My contrctions were never regular, hun. Your labour sounds like how mine started off..like I said, my Latent Phase lasted 16 hours :hug:

sound like mine too, mine went on for 16 hours aswell, before it was classed as actual labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back