Concerned- False Labour; True labour? So Confused.

shadow

Reaction score
I woke up at 3am this morn bursting for a wee, afterwards I went back to bed and noticed i had a really bad back, but i figured maybe my kidneys were over stressed from working so hard, and giving me back ache. Woke again at 8am needing a wee, and still with a bad back. Tried to get back to sleep (lazy i know, but i'm off work so who cares!) and could not get comfortable as my back was hurting so much.

Got up at 10, and noticed that I'm getting painful tighnings, nothing like BH at all, they seem to be coming every 8 mins or so, and feel like painful period cramps that go all the way around my middle below my belly button. If i try to move when i have them, they get worse. I can cope with them as they only last about 30 secs, but they havent stopped since I woke up.

Also I noticed it feels like i need to go for a no2 all the time, and worse when i get the cramps, I've tried and i dont need to go.

Now from what i have read online those seem like symptoms of true labour, but i dont want to get my hopes up. When i went to see the consultant last thurs the baby was only 3/5 engaged. My due date is 1 week from today.

What do you all think, True or false labour? Body just preparing, or the real deal? This is all so confusing! :?

Sounds like the real thing to me! Hope it is and it all goes well! :dance:

sounds like true labour, though sometimes these symptoms can come and go. Maybe give your midwife a ring. I hope this is the real thing! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well I just read on a website that at the point where I have to stop what Im doing when i get a contraction, or that some one else can notice i'm having them by my facial expression, thats the time to ring the midwife.

They are getting more painful, but i can still cope at present. OH is in work an hour away, and i dont want to bring him home for no reason, so I'm all alone (except for my dogs!) until he finishes work.

Just run a bath, so am going to try and luxuriate in that for a while- hopefully it will help.

Its weird, I dont feel scared or anything, I've been pooing it about going into labour, but now it might be here, i'm not panicing- i thought id be hyperventalating at this point from panicing so much, but i feel quite calm; at the moment!

is there anyone that can come and sit with you for a while hun just be careful getting in the abth as my contractions took offf big style after my bath good luck :hug:

sounds same as mine (apart from i didnt have backache) and mine was the real deal!!

Ohhh good luck...try and stay at home as long as you can bear, then your hospital labour (if thats what you're having) will be shorter!! wooooo :hug: :hug:

My gosh all these babies keep coming :D
Its sounds promising to me hun.
The bath will either ease the pains or they will remain and you will know if you are in labour.
Fingers crossed for you.

Well had my bath, didnt ease up at all- infact my back ache feels worse, and the pain has worsened. Might ring OH to find out what time he'll be home from work.

How vain am I? I shaved my legs and tidied my lady garden in the bath. Like the midwives/doctors will care- makes me feel better thou. I do feel more relaxed after the bath, the rest of my body except my back/belly feel relaxed. :)

Sounds like it to me hun :cheer:
How exciting, i am of course getting rather jealous tho, all you ladies popping before me :shakehead:

Keep us updated

Your not vain at all hun, been getting OH to shave my legs as i cant reach the bottoms, and my lady garden is all neat, well that maybe a bit hit and miss with me doing it blind with a razor :shock:
Dont want my little one struggling to find the way out if you know what i mean :lol:

I shaved my legs in the early stages of labour with James, gives you something to do to take your mind off things and if you look presentable it's one less thing to worry about :D Will probably do the same this time round.

Sounds like you're coping really well so far :hug: :hug:

Ooohh all the best.. How exciting :cheer: :cheer:
Keep us posted :)

Sounds weird but i can't wait for mine to start.

Well i'm timing them now, as they have definately gotten more painful, but they are sporadic- they are regular, as in every few minutes; but I'll get one every 7mins then its will go to 4mins, then 5mins, then back to 7mins.

OH just got home from work, and has now decided to rip out my sliding doors and install my new patio doors ready for the baby to come home to. I dont understand men, these patio doors have been sitting in my garage since Jan, and NOW he decides to fit them. So looks like i will def have to hold of going to the hosp as I have a bloody great big hole in my kitchen where my doors used t be. Luckily my OH fits these for a living and has his work mate helping, but still, talk about timing! I'm sure he thinks i'm faking it :shock:

:hug: More babies

Good luck it sounds like you are coping really well so far. I'd get your OH to any more jobs that you have been waiting to do.

Good Luck i hope its the real thing for you.

OMG if this isnt the real thing then i think i must be dying. The pain is really getting quite intense now, and lasting longer. HAvent phoned the hosp yet, wondering if I should?

Cant believe OH has ripped my door out; I want to kill him.

Feeling a bit sick and shaky now, prob cos I havent eaten since breakfast, havent been hungry. Just made myself a week sugary tea, made me feel better.

I havent even got any paracetamol in the house to take. Wondering how much longer i will be able to cope at home, really dont want to go up the hospital for them to say "you're 0.5 cms dilated", or worse "you're not in true labour yet"!!!! :shock:

You are soooo gonna have a baby tonight!!! woooo.
Make sure u keep us posted :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back