Braxton Hicks or start of real contractions

Candygirl

Reaction score
I keep getting tightenings every 10 minutes and they last about 30 seconds
They are not painful, but do take my breath away
Are BH this regular or could this be the start of labour?
Any help/guidance would be appreciated
:)

it could be either, more like BH I would have thought. When the real contractions kick in you'll know about it! :D

Good luck! :hug: :hug:

When i read about BH it said they shouldn't be regular or more than a certian amount an hour (maybe 4?)
But i'm not sure on this.
Maybe give your midwife/hospital a call and see what they say :)

xxxx

That's how my labour started - Painless regular contractions that gradually got more and more painful. Good luck!!

thank you for replying
I will keep an eye on it....
fingers crossed tho
:lol:

Have u had braxtons then?
I would feel the same as u, although i haven't had any BH so i wouldn't know whether it was them or contractions???
keep us posted...do u have a text buddy? :hug:

yep, have had BH for a while now....
Usually bump just gets really tight and hard but these made me stop in my tracks as they took my breath away but no pain?

I have a text buddy but she has popped now so dont know if she will be around and we havent even been in touch much

Why?? Are you offering? :lol:

Candygirl, I'm sure I have your mobile number, think you gave me it in 2nd tri :think:

I'll be your buddy babes, no problem? Think Fi said she has your number? If not just PM me :wave:

You can never have too many text buddies, I think all of mine will have popped by the time it comes to me :(

I could be advertising for another :D

thanks girls, and thanks Fifi..I do remember now (and thanks for the texts last night)

I am happy to be your text buddy too if you like.
Anna - thanks hun for your offfer :)

I havent had anymore BH so think the little bugger was just messing with me....
:roll: :wall:

When I was on the monitor at the hosp yesterdy I was getting very regular BH's, the midwife said it was a good sign for proper contractions starting over the next couple of days! :cheer:

Good luck hun!

oooh, please let it be! :)

Just cant go into labour tomorrow night as hubby is going on a boys night out (his first and last) and I have visions of me popping and the hospital thinking he is a drunk and calling the cops :shock: :rotfl:
Dont really fancy sunday either as he wont be much help with a hangover...

Im not asking for much am I?? :rotfl: :rotfl:

If its you tummy tightening then i think its likely to be BH. All i can say is the real thing feels like period pains and you dont see you tummy contracting! i was in labour 5hrs before i realised i was having contractions because i was expecting to see my belly contracting, i thought the period pain feeling was a sign of imminent labour - not the real thing!!!

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back