faint lines on pregnancy test?

scandicmum85

Reaction score
Hey!

I did two pregnancy testes , one late yesterday and one this morning, I used predictor pregnancy tests, Im due period today/tomorrow, and the tests says it can be used as early as 5 days before.. I got a very faint line yesterday, did a new one today and it was a little bit clearer and pinkish, not sure what it means? Am I pregnant or not? wouldnt my hcg level be high enough to show out a positive test by now?

:roll:

Sounds like a bfp if the lines came up in the time limit! Peoples hcg levels vary in early pregnancy so some get darker bfps than others. Get a clearblue digital that will tell u in words :)

Sorry to ask but what does BFP means? the line showed up after 5 minutes , and it says to read the test before its gone 30 minutes..

thats great, its pinkish and i told my bf already and he is so happy , told him not to tell anyone but he told his parents / friends already.. little worried as the results was so faint.. I am having lots of symptoms aswell...

I bought some clear blue and they ssay that they can be used either 4 or 5 days before your next period but the chance of an accurate reading is much less.

I'm just trying to remember off the top of my head but i'm sure it said something like only 60% accuracy at 4 days before upto 90% accuracy on the day of your next period.

99% accuracy was only for 1 day after your missed period and later.

Clear Blue are really good tests so i can only assume other tests would have similar accuracy or worse.

However, the intensity fo the line is supposed to be irrelevent - a faint positive is still a positive :)

Take another test in a fews days but i think you are ;)

Ooh I think you are as well and agree with the others - do another test - maybe a digital one using your fmu in a couple of days x

Thank you, very excited but nervous aswell.. Been looking at the two testes all day, clearly more pinkish the one i took this morning and clear than yesterday... Hope my period doesnt turn up now as im so excited already...:)

I would test tomorrow morning - I wouldn't be able to wait! FX for you x

thank you.. will do a test first in the morning, what tests do u suggest me to use?

I would be tempted to do a digital one if you have one x

Oh all sounds very pormising good luck with the nest test but GET A CLEAR BLUE DIGITAL and you will have it in writing xx

Are you testing with a clearblue digi today? FXed for your BFP :)

X X X X

Good morning, going to buy a proper didital one today, just did a pregnancy test again same as the 2 others i took.. today i still see a faint line but a little little bit stronger than the one yesterday, but im going crazy i just want a big fat pink line !!!

starting to thinking i might not even be pregnant:(:(

Last edited:
Hope im not spamming here now, I had a proper look at all 3 and i see how its been developed to a stronger line today, putting up a pic now, hope anyone can see the line too.. I see it there.. but its "thin" ..
5mgx37.jpg

You're defo pregnant!! Book an appointment at your docs today and they will confirm it for you!! You must be soooo excited good luck with your pregnancy xxx

took another test with first response.. negative:( But the test i did this morning with predictor is so much darker line there now, deep purple just like in testwindows line.. I dont get this!:(

Last edited:
Did you read the instruction with the test?

The clear blue ones i bought said that the test is only valid for 10 minutes and any changes after 10 minutes don't count.

So if you have lines appearing after the 10 mins, they wouldn't be valid - that is only if they are the same as clear blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back