episiotomy versus c section

Sol

Reaction score
I wonder if any of the mums out there have had both of these procedures and what the recovery was like for each. Am just trying to be informed as much as possible.

Mez xxx

cannot help but i had c section and was mobile following day but my recovery has now slowed es[ if i do too much and my scar reminds me to rest

I hated my c section when I had zander vaginally I got a 2/3rd degree tear and had to be stiched through skin and muscle and I would prefure that 10000x over! With Chloe I was lucky and just got grazed but omg when I went to wee aaaaauuuugghhhh! Lol!

I had twins, one twin vaginally with episiotomy and the other via c section under general anaesthetic due to shoulder presentation and cord prolapse. I personally wouldn't worry about episiotomy, the skin is so stretched when they do it that you barely feel it and the healing feels just like that of any vaginal birth. The recovery from a section is not as easy as a vaginal delivery in my opinion. I was very sore when moving or lifting the babies, hated not driving for 6 weeks and absolutely despise the scar.

I haven't had a baby yet but I think I'd prefer an episiotomy any day! I like being able to drive and do things without too much assistance like some c sections can be like! X

In my opinion, having experienced both in one sitting, I don't understand why anyone would choose a section unless for medical reasons xxx

I had an episiotomy with my 1st child, but unfortunately I haemorrhaged & ended up having 4 units of blood & being very very anaemic. I held my son for a couple of minutes before losing consciousness & took around 3 hours to come round. When all is said & done I would still consider having the procedure done again. The procedure itself was not painful & apart from the stitches catching every once in a while it was a quick recovery time. People I know that have had c-sections have had to have help driving, shopping, housework etc. Sounds good, but they struggled with their loss of independence. I'm having to be referred to a consultant midwife to discuss my options for delivery this time. If I can avoid a c-section I will & will only go down this route if medically advised to.
You may not need either procedure, but when you are advised to do something for yours or baby's safety you don't think twice about it.

Sunnyb xxx

Lexi I am of of same opinion but am preparing for battle with a consulatant I don't like who is a fan of c sections

Cosmic & Sunny B my view point is if there is a medical reason then fine as well but to say some of the medical staff arne't too positive at the moment would be an understatement.

Thanks girls xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mez

Given the choice (that's a pretty crap choice tho lol!) I would take the episiotomy, a section is major abdominal surgery at the end of the day!! I was seconds away from an emergency section with Cahal and was sooo pleased when they decided to go down the episiotomy / ventouse route before they whisking my down to theatre!

i have never had either, but if need be i would have c section for baby's safety but i wouldn't choose one, i had never had stitched or anything with my 1st 4 and didn;t realise how lucky i was till my 5th he came that fast that i ended up with 2nd/3rd degree tear and had to have muscle and all sewed, not nice, it did take a while to recover but i think if it hadn;t been for the snow and me having to walk 3 miles in it pushing a pram to get other kids from school,(hubby got snowed in work) it wouldn;t have been as bad. i think we still need to remeber that going through childbirth is a major thing and to take some time to rest ferwards, i just lecturing myself here lol as i always think i am supermum and try to carry on as normal straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back