Dysco and her chick

LO is feeding atm so thought I'd update. Everything is going pretty well. Today we made flapjacks and banana cake (well Ollie watched from his bouncer) then we entertained my NCT group and their lo's. it was such a nice afternoon, all the babies there, us able to share common experiences and learn from each other. i think most of us have all signed up to the same baby development classes too :)

DTD this morning and it felt ok, tight and uncomfortable but nice at times too. As nice to have that closeness with DH, although he has been really living since LO came along so I've not been lacking it really.

Ollie is doing well at nights too, he's stated to go longer in his 7pm sleep, so we've added a bottled dream feed. It makes sense in so many ways to me. I express and we do half formula half ebm (so I'm able to build up a stock with the other half too) he is slowly introduced to a bit of formula, I have the chance to build up stock, he has a bottle so we don't have to worry about introducing that later on, DH gets bonding time and maybe, just maybe he'll drop a night feed. He has the last two nights, feeding at 1.30 and 2am respectively and then not again til 6. If he can stretch that 10pm sleep to 3 and sleep til 7 it would be perfect. We all need that extra hour! We'll see how the rest of the week goes! :)

LO is feeding atm so thought I'd update. Everything is going pretty well. Today we made flapjacks and banana cake (well Ollie watched from his bouncer) then we entertained my NCT group and their lo's. it was such a nice afternoon, all the babies there, us able to share common experiences and learn from each other. i think most of us have all signed up to the same baby development classes too :)

DTD this morning and it felt ok, tight and uncomfortable but nice at times too. As nice to have that closeness with DH, although he has been really living since LO came along so I've not been lacking it really.

Ollie is doing well at nights too, he's stated to go longer in his 7pm sleep, so we've added a bottled dream feed. It makes sense in so many ways to me. I express and we do half formula half ebm (so I'm able to build up a stock with the other half too) he is slowly introduced to a bit of formula, I have the chance to build up stock, he has a bottle so we don't have to worry about introducing that later on, DH gets bonding time and maybe, just maybe he'll drop a night feed. He has the last two nights, feeding at 1.30 and 2am respectively and then not again til 6. If he can stretch that 10pm sleep to 3 and sleep til 7 it would be perfect. We all need that extra hour! We'll see how the rest of the week goes! :)

Wow you are such a busy mummy, I'm still at the quasie modo stage, not wanting to be seen!

Glad everything is going well and nice that you have friends and friends for ollie to share ur parenting journey with. Often friends drift apart so atleast you will always have that connection.

We DTD last week, I was going to wait but kind of just happened. I was just as tight as before but like you, it's nice to feel the intimacy again. xxxxx

It's so nice I see that you are doing so good. At that age I was still in a big fog, Amelie wanted to be strolled to sleep or on her car seat or pram etc. then she hit 12 weeks exactly and never needed all that again?she would sleep in her bed without any problems!!!!
you are doing brilliant actually!! I like how busy you are, it gives you a sense of normality Dosent it? I miss that greatly but I have a whole world at home and try to do so many activities with Amelie (always worry that she will not experience so many wonderful things that you have in uk as no baby groups here :()
Glad to hear that DTD went ok (hopefully you sorted the aftermath of that :lol:???)
Miss you, we need a chat soon

How great that you have all those other mummies to give you support - I know I find sharing experiences with other mums so helpful.

Glad you managed to DTD too :) We sort of managed it for the first time last week and I know what you mean by feeling tight! I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes by...

That's a great idea to introduce a bottle now as some people leave it too late and then their baby won't take it.

All in all a great week for mummy dysco and her chick :) xxx

We are doing good touch wood. I keep waiting for it to fall apart! Don't get me wrong it's tiring and hard work sometimes, but I think I've been blessed with a relatively easy newborn, lets see how it develops, they could be famous last words!

Yay to dtd!!! We did it a few times and bloody condom broke so I put a ban on
all that monkey business :shock: I am back on the pill now though.

I haven't had a chance to bake yet, but I have discovered Emma's cupcakes (they sell them in Sainsburys and Waitrose) all I can say is I am in love :lol:

xxxxxxxx

Hey you, how are you and gorgeous Ollie doing?

Had a lovely few days back in purely with the folks. My nieces and sisters were there and very much enjoyed Ollie. I'm not sure it was good for me as I'm more tired than when I went down there but it was nice that they enjoyed it. The little ones had a bath together ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361310392.771319.jpg which Ollie loved as you can see!!! There was also some quality grandpa time ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361310437.286510.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361310449.069859.jpg

I'm hoping that back in his own cot and own room his sleep will settle down, he's been taking 7 oz at his 10pm feed but only sleeping 3/4h. Really want to extend this! He also been really restless in the feed after too, so with me sharing a room it meant I didn't get much sleep. Worth it though for the family time!

Lovely pics hon! :D Love the one of Ollie in the bath :) I'm not sure how you can extend the night time feeds - think they decide when that happens! Harry went all night without a feed last night for the first time - we'll see what tonight brings! xxx

ps just been on Amber8's journal and she might have a night waking solution??! xx

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed your family time hun.

Do you dreamfeed Dysco?

Not sure if it'd any use but James has his last 2 feeds of the day quite close together?

He will have say 5/6oz between 5/6pm and then 8oz's between 8/9pm. He'll then sleep through to 5/6am. Sometimes he may have 5oz's at 6pm and then 8ozs at 8pm... other days he may go 3 hours between last feeds?

James put himself into this routine though? Also we bath him every night and use baby bath with lavender oil and other stuff to help him sleep.

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Nat Ollie has a similar pattern to James, he feeds at 5, bath feed at 7, bed, then dream feeds or wakes at 10-11, then typically he wakes at 2 and 6 ish again. We are getting there although tonight having had his jabs yesterday we were back to 3 hourly feeds. Tbh he probably isn't dropping a feed cis he's growing so fast! He's gone from just above the 25th centile to between 50th and 76th for weight but head size and length are 91st centile!!! As his weight is exceed the curve I st spect he won't drop a feed til that slows down!

Wow! What a big boy!! :) How much does he weigh now? I still don't get those centile things -maybe I should learn?! Harry is still feeding once in the night usually between 3 and 5am, even though he has a dream feed around 11pm. Would be nice if he stops that one. Guess they will decide when they're ready to drop feeds... xxx

He weighs about 13lb now! What a chunk! They say you can't over feed a bf baby but he's jumping the curves, creating his own growth line!!! He is gorgeous though, so scrummy and lovely to cuddle when he's sleepy, awake he doesn't really want cuddles, far too nosy!! :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361847704.990505.jpg

So gorgeous!!!! How are things going sleep wise?? I really love his wee smiley face :love:
Amelie is a baby that Dosent really like cuddles either heeeh

Sleep wise we dream feed at 10.30 ish then he feeds at 2 and 6 going back down for about an hour to 90 mins after that. He still won't extend that 2am feed but I want to wait til after this leap before trying to help him do that. I'm kind of against feeding him water so young, although it would t do him any harn to miss a feed, he really is climbing the centiles!

How many centiles has he climbed hun?

I am guessing he is making up for those extra few weeks he was cooking :lol:

xxxxxxxx

I reckon so nat! He started on just above the 25th, now he's between 50th and 75th, not huge by any means but still a jump!

So today he has gone into 3.5h cycles instead if 3 hourly. I'll see how the next couple if days go but is interesting. Hope it pays off with a longer night sleep!

Hope this one is for you!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361894212.076988.jpg
It still fits, just! And he self settled in it for his nap just now!

Ah so cute!!!!! I still sleep Amelie in hers for naps (the next size up) I love it. when she was a little dot sometimes that one was the only thing to settle her :)
Amelie climbed up the centiles really fast and now she dropped back to the original one :) they know what they are doing! I know that I am probably becoming boring lol but he is so gorgeous!

13lbs!!! I don't think Harry is much heavier than that - we'll get him weighed next week and see... Fx Ollie keeps extending his feed times, but he's obviously a very hungry boy! :) xxx

He sounds like he's getting plenty, bless him! What is this water thing about then? Someone mentioned it to me the other day but I've never heard of it?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back