Doing an oopsie during labour

I was telling the midwife I needed to poo and she kept saying "you don't, that poo is your baby.. Push" I was like "I can't start pushing until I've done a poo" literally 3 pushes later... A pooless baby was born!!!

The feeling of needing a poo is exactly the same as the feeling you get when all pressure is on your foof!

I could have written this myself! I demanded to be taken to the bathroom, then when I'd been on the loo a few minutes, I bent over and asked DH and the midwife if they could see poo coming out lmao! When they said no, they led me back to the bed and within minutes, I'd given birth - and no poo!!

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Yep i demanded it too. She finally said GO TRY THEN!!! Needless to say i couldn't poo.... And baby was born shortly after.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I actually managed to go in early labour LOL, when contractions were about 5 minutes apart. Glad I did too with how hard I was pushing I'm sure I would've done!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I even had my mum wipe my bum with baby wipes before I was taken to theatre for forceps/c section! But there wasn't much point as I done more little poos in theatre when pushing with the forceps! Lol x

lol such a magical time!!! xxx

Random question.. What do they do if you poo and your in the birthing pool? Do they scoop it out? Or will it just be floating about?! Ahhh!

They scoop it out usually they have throw away sieves, if it is a lot they can change the water but that may take some time.

For some reason I think I'd be more embarrassed about trumping then pooing.... Not sure why haha xxxx

They scoop it out usually they have throw away sieves, if it is a lot they can change the water but that may take some time.

yep that's one thing you may notice in the water birth room is a sieve hanging up by the pool! thankfully during my water birth I didn't poop.

but, during delivery of my son I did - I was kind of aware that they rolled up the blue paper towels under me and threw them away and put new ones down, but I wasn't at all bothered at the time! lol

trumping during an internal examination would defo upset me more too! lol

My midwife told me that i didnt need to worry about pooping because LO's head was past a certain point so i wouldnt be able to... ?

I was induced, but my body still had a clear out after a few hours...

Oh the glamour :p

My body was clearing itself out for a good three weeks before I went into labour. I had a water birth and literally about 3 minutes before the head came, the midwife said to the other midwife "pass the sieve"! I was horrified lol and said "oh no have I pooed?!!" And she showed me it was the tiniest little bit that looked like a rabbit dropping! Xx

If you do it in the birthing pool they fish it out with a little net apparently!!! Lol x

if i poo my boyfriend will be sure to never let me forget it but its all the beauty of labour!!! x x x

I wouldn't worry he will be crying like a bitch when baby is born so you can tease him about that haha x

I'm having a home birth with a pool and I have bought a cheap sieve ready!! Eurgh. But like others have said I guess you won't care by the time it happens. And you'll soon be holding your baby and then nothing else matters.

It's bad enough worrying about trumping during sex, I've had such bad wind all pregnancy!!

I was so worried about this while pregnant but when i was lying in that bed pushing with each contraction I couldn't have cared less what i did or who seen it. You're in a completely different head space at that point & all those worries leave you.

And who said pregnancy wasn't glamorous?! Hehe

Last edited:
At my hospital if you had a water birth on the "to pack" list they have cheap, small sieve :lol:

xxxx

This is one of my biggest 'fears'! I'm not scared as such, just would rather it didn't happen lol. I dreamt last week I was in labour, but instead of having a baby I did a massive poo then they let me go home lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back