Babies movements before labour...

emma_85

Reaction score
Since my knowledge that I'm possibly in 'early labour', my Mum keeps asking me if I can feel the baby moving much.

I have found his movements to be rolls really, rather than kicks, but yes I still feel him. I told her this and - "Oh I doubt you're in early labour then" she said "Babies movements slow down and become non existent really when you're about to go in labour"

Is this true, or a load of crap?! Seems weird to me...or is it just an excuse for me to get peed off with my Mum's know-it-all opinions?! :shakehead:

I've heard that too...but i'm sure every pregnancy is different.

It would probably slow down when your actually contracting and in full blown labour but I don't think it would slow down at this stage as it could take you days yet- hopefully not though!!

I was gunna say! I'd have been in a mad panic if during my period cramps i hadn't felt the baby! PHEW!

I thought I wasn't in labour because charley was still moving like normal. His head was out and I could still feel him kicking inside me (that was very strange) so to me no they don't slow down!

One of the things they ask when you're in labour and call the hospital is if you're still feeling normal movements, as they should still be the same...obviously when you're having contractions you don't notice them as much but they do still move! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back