Does it sound like a dogs name?!!

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Everyone I've mentioned this boys name to has either laughed or said it sounds like a dogs name!! "Dexter" - what do you honestly think? I'm only in Tri1 but me and my OH really like it for a boy but we seem to be the only ones! :dance:

I love the name!

I don't think of a dog when I hear it I do however think of the TV series Dexter when I hear it. The char was so oddly cute and lovable! Xxx

Haha that's where we first heard the name and liked it! Because of the TV series (even though he's a serial killer, haha, he's still loveable!)

Lol oh good! I realised after I had posted how odd I might sound saying that character was cute and lovable lol

I think it's lovely hun and you should not worry about what everyone else thinks if it's what you and OH want the you should have it.
Xx

I think its a great name, my boy is 6 and called monty people told me it was a dog's name all the time when I was pregnant with him but he really suits it now

I absolutely love Dexter! It's fab!!! I don't think it sounds like a dogs name! There's a rather popular name at the minute that I think does sound like a dogs name but I won't mention it! I know two people expecting who want dexter for a boy

I think of Dexter Morgan (the serial killer) and also Charlotte Church's little boy is called Dexter - def don't think of a dog!

we have dexter as one of our choices. xx

Def think of a serial killer! But apart from that I would say it's a pretty cool name...!

I love the name Dexter and if I was braver I may have considered it for our little boy. OH hates it though so I'm going to call my cat Dexter when I get one this summer.

I think of Dexters lab the cartoon lol. Lovely name and if you like it go for it =). X

I think of a cat!! Lol. My neighbours cat was called Dexter...I do actually like the name though. My friend on FB has just named her hamster the name I intend to call my child if I have a girl, but it's not stopping me, lol xx

i love the name dexter but the only reason it wasnt an option was because theres a horse at the yard i ride at called Dexter - along with a load of other nice names i liked too!!

Screw what other people think lol
If you like dexter then go for it :)

We both love dexter to, it's a bit different without being extreme (and who doesn't like dexter Morgan.....nicest serial killer ever lol)

We were going through some name ideas the other day with friends....and my bf said 'your not really going with those names are you?' I said yes, laughed at her and then turned it on her........thetrick really is not to care what others think

I like Dexter. I had a friend who had a boy called Dexter, this was going back anout 9 years this summer, I think. I love the name - at the time it made me think of Terrorvision, and Dexters Lab, and I amnow also a fan of the series :)

Screw what other people think lol
If you like dexter then go for it :)

Effin' spot on!!!

My ex- MIL didn't like the name Kaya, said the 'k' is a harsh-sounding letter, why not go for a smoother sounding name.

But the name suits the girl.

We were going to have Sid (Sidney) for a boy but a few said it sounded old fashioned, and we then found out this new years that OH's cousin had already contemplated it for one of her girls, also (not that it was used) and I think then was when OH decided that maybe it would be a middle name.

I like the welsh 'Taliesin' for a boy, there is also one at my stepson's school, so I know how it's pronounced (easily - Tal, not tall, the regular pronounciation of the letter 'e', then 'essen'). Wonder what my OH will say when I suggest Taliesin Sidney.

We find out tomorrow (hopefully) if it's a blue flavour or a pink flavour - I don't like the colour terms though, someone said they hope Beckham gets a pink baby - well, so do I, if their baby wasn't pink, there would be a very long media coverage of a baby's funeral! Or VB would be condemned for sleeping around...........

'K' is a harsh-sounding letter? That's hilarious! :rofl:

It was actually my MIL who laughed at the name Dexter, but I think we're going to stick with it! :lol:

I don't think of a dog lol! Think it's lovely :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back