Honest opinion ladies

jayx2

Reaction score
Right so me & OH have settled on girls names either Holly or Ellie but we are struggling with boys names if its a boy the middle name will be james after my grandfather but we were talking and only boys name we agree on is Jamie but does Jamie James seem a bit of a silly name ? x

It does to me sorry.....could you not just call him James and Jamie as a nickname? xxxxxxxx

Hey,

I'm not going to sit and insult name choices, but I've never been a fan of nicknames as names... Especially seeing that Jamie and James are the same name.

My brother and sister in law are calling their LO Olly, and I can't help but think they should call him Oliver officially and then just call him Olly anyway...

I do like the idea of calling him James on his birth certificate, and then calling him Jamie anyway. I think it's a good way of keeping your grandfather's name there and updating it to the only name you and OH can agree on!

By the way, I LOVE your girls name. A lady I know had her baby 6 months ago and called her Holly. It's strange because when I was at school there were people called Holly, but it seems to have fallen out of use now!

xx

Do you mean having Jamie as his first name and James as his middle name?

x

my dad wanted to call my bro after my granda James and he was just called Jamie cos my mummy didnt like james (no offence) xxx

Just call him Jamie (it still keeps the name of your grandfather but updates it) then choose another middle name. If you tell people he is Jamie James people will still think its James but you call him Jamie.

Thanks ladies just wanted opinions .. I'm not keen on James as a first name lol that's why just wanted it as the middle name I love Nathan for my boy but OH is having none of it boo hoo still got plenty of time to convince him though :) x

My best friend called her son James even though she didnt like it because her husband really wanted it, and within two days we were all calling him Jamie, which she likes much better. He has been Jamie ever since and only uses James on his birth certificate. Its a great compromise

My brother is called Jamie but his birth certificate is James. He has never been called James though. Not one family member, teacher no one. I'm not sure anyone even knows. X

My son is William on his birth certificate, but gets called Wullie after my uncle (William after his grandad) so best of both worlds.
He's now getting called Wull cos he's 8 and doesn't like Wullie lol.

Its up to you at end of the day hun x

I don't think Jamie James is silly-obviously will be JJ for short and unless people ask they wont know that his middle name is james. I don't think theres anything wrong with it! But then again i did go to school with kids called Ahmed Ahmed and Suliman Suliman Suliman...which i thought was a bit lazy!

Its no Neville Neville! :)

Hmm, strangely i don't think it does sound that silly... They might originate from the same name but they aren't.

I think it's pointless to put one name on the birth certificate when you have no intention of ever calling your child that name :oooo:

When i picked my boys name, i was trying to honour my dad by calling it a similar name and when i told my dad he said "...but that's not my name though is it?" Ungfrateful sod :roll:

Middle names are over-rated anyway.

It's a shame because i think Nathan James is lovely :)

Jamie James just sounds silly, in my opinion. James is a lovely, if not popular, name, but Jamie is very unisex for me. I'd just have James and then nickname Jamie! x

Nah sounds fine, I'm a Jenni Jones and my hubby is a Jackie Jones and so I'm used to it, and JJ is a nickname of mine, does roll ofk the tounge nicely, go for it. love Jamie as it was high on my girls name list

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back