do you believe in GOD???

neeko_1

Reaction score
i was searching on my-space and came across my hubby's friend his a christian...

so i was wondering if any of you ladies where christians or just believed in god...

or had any opinions the whole thing??

and also watch this video... and i would like your input :D

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 1222311634

:hug:

No I don't.
I used to be a christian, a very commited one. I went to church every sunday and at all the christian holidays. I even used to go to church camp!

yeah its a bit too way out for me though.

i am in touch with my faith. I think all people should be.
Most people have forgotten the fundemental things in life and how much they matter. People are too materialistic theses days.

How many people have read the bible?

Misslarue said:
No I don't.
I used to be a christian, a very commited one. I went to church every sunday and at all the christian holidays. I even used to go to church camp!

what happen?? how come you stop going or believing??

Oh Hun, that would really open the flood gates and my views would probably upset quite a few people on here. (that's the trouble with religion, there's no room for manoeuvre) Just put it this way, I find way too many contradictions, especially in certain faiths. Nothing happened in life to stop me believing in god, I just looked at all the 'evidence'. After studying christianity for a long time, it no longer made sense to me. It took a long time to come to this conclusion, about 15 years, but I believe its the correct one. Don't get me wrong, I do miss having an almighty powerful, infallible being forever protecting me, but I would rather live life with my own truth.

Each to their own though. I feel no need to push my views on others and welcome people to live their own lives, whatever their beliefs :hug:

Im not, I believe many of the great wars have been started over religions and faith etc. I believe we make our own lives, i believe that we chose our own paths ... i dont believe if there was a god that he wouldnt protect children from sick wierdos, i dont think a god would allow pain and suffering to the good ... we open newspapers and see stamped across headlines "childs body found ... no suspects." i never see "rapist gets hit by a bus ... some would say justice" I believe if there was a god these sorts of things would not happen.
However i believe that some people truly believe and i have nothing against that, i personally dont believe myself.

thanks for sharing that one mislarue.

im not one that goes to church etc regualrly. but i do believe that there was a person long ago who did wonderful things etc.
The older i gget the more i believe.
My dad its the opposite . the older he gets the less he believes. :lol:

I don't belive in god... cos i mite be wrong about this but if god is supposed to forgive everyone before you die how comes theres heaven and hell and how could god forgive child rapists and perverts :evil:

I mite be naive but i do belive everythin happens for a reason and that sometimes people hold back livin there life cos they belive in god and the bible says its wrong :?

Like misslarue, I've been questioning my faith for 15 years. I used to go to Church religiously, 3 times on a sunday, once on a Wednesday, was an alter girl and mum is still on the PCC. I've come to realise that everything I do wrong can't be corrected by a slice of wafer and a sip of wine. There are some that go to our Church that live their lives the way they want all week, but on a Sunday, they're the most perfect people on earth.

I still haven't found all the answers I'm looking for, I probably never will. There are some brilliant teachings in the Bible, and I do read it. I do believe in God, but I'm not sure whether it's a God of any organised religion - it's organised religion that has caused so many wars, not God.

One thing I do know, MY God is with me all the time, I don't need to go to Church to find the answers I'm looking for, I just need to look deep, deep inside myself.

Never talk about politics or religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

I have just had to endure 2 weeks of nothing but religous films on the telly on EVERY channel here, the run up to easter with the orthodox faith is all very nice but it does get a bit much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont believe in 'god' but i do think that there is something, just dont know what.

tuck said:
Never talk about politics or religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

I have just had to endure 2 weeks of nothing but religous films on the telly on EVERY channel here, the run up to easter with the orthodox faith is all very nice but it does get a bit much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont believe in 'god' but i do think that there is something, just dont know what.

:clap: topic closed on that note! :clap:

budge said:
tuck said:

:clap: topic closed on that note! :clap:

umm why is closed... :think:

it was quite interesting hearing every ones points of view on the whole thing. :D

i'm not a christian myself but i do believe that is a god. and we where all put here on purpures.....

i do believe that there is a heaven and hell, and do believe that the lives we lead are not just random choices. i do believe that god gives us what we have because s/he knows we can handle it.

i believe that the devil is put in are path to destroy all things beautiful.. so why must we always blame just one person.. when we also live in this world????? s/he does kind of give you peace at heart..

i don't think we should blame him for everything that goes wrong in are liefs... we also have free will so do will chose it wisely??

knowledge is power and i truly do think that if it some how helps you then why not.

it is a very fansantying subject.. and it really does stir up some issues but i do believe there's a god :D

these sorts of threads create arguments as a rule. :)
i wasn't closing it as such - i can't do that but i thought it was well said what tuck said

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back