Do you drink while the kids are in bed?

I've had a couple of glasses of wine tonight :D , we did go to the pub this afternoon and I had a cider also so want to sleep now :sleep: . I would never drink if I was on my own though. DH has had a beer and a shandy this evening. It's a Friday night and feeling old :lol: .

yes. I have an occasional large glass of wine and am having a margerita tonight. i wait till cally is in bed as this means it'll be out my milk when she wakes. if there was an emergency i would call for an ambulance even if i was sober as i wouldn't risk driving when panicked.

beanie said:
yes. I have an occasional large glass of wine and am having a margerita tonight.

Ooohhh I love margeritas, crushed with ice, so yummy! :cheer:

I normally have a few beers or wine on a Friday night. Funnily enough not tonight as we have been painting our hall today and only just got LO back from my mums. We are both still covered in paint!
I eat sensibly all week and exercise, so I feel like Friday night is my 'treat'! I don't go mad, unless I'm out! or the footies on! :wink:
I'm lucky, as in OH doesn't really drink, so if I want too I can. So one of us is always sober. Although we have both had a couple of drinks together on the odd occasions. I think its fine hun as long as you are sensible and have a plan if need be :D
Don't go over the top, but it's nice to spend some quiet time together over a nice bottle of red :hug:

oh is an alcoholic so he does everynight,
me i drink sometimes maybe more at the weekends (im drinking a sothern comfort and lemonade right now :))
but i wont overdo it sometimes i will go days without drinking then il have the odd can or a wkd,
we have been to the pub with thomas :oops: not on the intent of geting drunk but because they do great food and il only have 1 drink then cokes
also we dont drive so if we needed to take him anywhere we would get taxis
xx

No I don't drink anymore but OH has a couple of bottles of beer after dinner.

I never drink but OH sometimes has a couple of cans. If I was to drink though I wouldn't do it at the same time as him, I'd like to think at least one of us was alright incase anything happened with the kids :)

Sammystar said:
If I had an emergency I'd either call an ambulance or a taxi.

Ditto!

I don't drink at the moment but OH has a drink a few nights a week and sometimes is a bit tipsy but never drunk and besides I dont like to think of what may happen all the time.

My DH doesn't drink at all and I don't drink very often so it has never been a problem.

This is a hard one. I say that there is nothing wrong with the 2 of you have a couple of drinks every now and again as long as our LO is in good health and as long as you both aren't getting steaming drunk. Take it in turns. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back