Do you drink while the kids are in bed?

sarafet

Reaction score
I understand this may be quite a taboo subject but was wondering what everyone else does?

Now that Aidens sleeping through the night, OH suggested that we have a couple of drinks in the house together tonight after he's in bed. I mean we have had drinks while he's in bed before but it would either be me OR him. My Mum always says she would never have done this incase she needed to drive to take LO somewhere etc..

I really don't know how I feel about this as I totally understand my Mum's point of view, but then again it would be nice to return to some sort of normality - me and OH having a good night in together again :)

Opinions please? :D

Yes, I have a couple. But I don't drive :wink:

Since we have no car at the moment, it'd be a taxi or favour job anyway, but OH and I would never both get pissed with Stanley upstairs in bed. A few drinks at most.

Me and OH have done it quite a bit really....

Not drunk though!! Just like having a drink with mates and whatever

Callum never wakes up, even if we have music on
And theres always taxis if anything is wrong

Yeh.. Ido.

I'll have a glass of wine most evenings. And then we often have friends round and they take their little ones so nobody have to get babysitters.

yep just a couple though.we dont go out so have to wind down somehow.i usually have just 1 glass of wine and thats it.if anything were to go wrong id beg a lift or get a taxi.

Yes we do, as said, there are always taxis. In all honesty if you had a baby sitter and something happened, you still couldnt drive

Yes we do but I would never have more than 1 or 2 glasses though 8)

I don't but then i haven't had a drink since November 2006 when i got pregnant :angel:

I think when i stop breastfeeding i might have one every now and then but my uncle only lives across the road if i need anything :)

Nope, I'd never do so. Mind you I am also breastfeeding. Plus I don't drink anyways :roll:

OH doesn't drink really either. He'll have about one beer a month, if that at home.

TBH while LO is small I'd not chance both of us drinking and going over the limit of safe to drive (which I consider the only safe limit is none at all). So one of us will always never drink. You never know when you might need to jump behind the wheel. We live rural and a taxi would take minimum 20 minutes to get here.

Yes

If I had an emergency I'd either call an ambulance or a taxi.

Nope, but to be honest, since i attempted gas and air whilst in labour it has put me right off.
I've never been a drinker really but that completely ruined it for me.
I think on only a couple of occasions i've had lemonade with a drop of cider in it. But i'm also breastfeeding so i don't really want to.

If I'm honest, me and hubby have always enjoyed a good drink and still do now. Dont get me wrong, we dont fall over drunk but we do sit and have a few drinks when Maddison has gone to bed. If anything was wrong with her then we have friends in all directions to run us to hospital, failing that, taxiis!!

yeh i do most weekends, i never get drunk but i do have 3/4. tomorrow nite i can finally go out for a nite which i havent done in almost a yr apart from local pubs im actually going a night club for once!!

go for it, it will help you winddown and also stops everyday from being the same if at the weekends you and oh can have a nice quite drink in together.

xxxx

wooooo the wine is in!! :cheer: also - aiden is at my mums!! :rotfl: granny offered to take him for the night so we could have a night in :D

I'm not a huge drinker so not often

I've had a bottle of Magners since finlay was born :lol:

yes we do, we never get paraletic :rotfl: bt we have a 2-3 drinks each but dont drive when LO is unwell chris wont drink at allincase we need to get LO to out of hours or something . but we find having a few drinks is our way of having "our time" :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah I have a few... OH dont really drink much, so its not much of a problem.

Obviously my kids are older now so it isnt an issue but to be honest we dont drink anyway other than the very rare glass of something if we are celebrating :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back