Do people know you are TTC

Spammy

Reaction score
Pointless thread really but just wondered out of interest if your friends/family/work colleagues know you are ttc?

We have only just started with all this but I have been desperate to start trying since getting married 5 years ago. It has been obvious to everyone how much I love children and so people have just kind of known that I have been waiting for OH. Now it seems people know I'm Trying! Everyone! And I'm not sure I like it. The other day at work someone said 'are you knocked up yet?!'. Suppose its my own fault for being such an open book.

Does have its bonuses I guess. Everyone keeps saving me baby things!! Just hope it happens soon though or everyone will know we are having problems and I don't want that!

Your obviously better at keeping your gob shut than me! Lol

Only me, hubby, J, and my best Matt know, hense the anonymous user id lol x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

No, not as far as I'm aware.
People know I'm mega broody though!

I have tried to keep it quite hush hush - it's just nice to keep people guessing! I told a friend who i suspected was trying too, and it turned out she was! Only problem is if I get pregnant first, I'll feel bad for her, and if she gets preggers I'll be jealous! So I guess it is best for me to keep my mouth shut. Tricky one though, especially getting out of drinking booze at parties etc.

I've only told my closest friends. OH let it slip to his mum the other day which has made me feel that we should now tell my parents. The thing is, I'm worried to tell them, which is completely irrational as I am married etc. Isn't it silly? Why should they be anything but pleased? To be honest they are probably expecting it/ wondering why it hasn't happened already!

most of my friends know and my mum, my boyfriend hasnt told anyone though, think hes worried in case it doesnt happen quickly theyll think hes a jaffa lol... i kinda wish id kept it secret too though, ive inspired 2 of my friends to start trying as well and ill be really upset if they get pregnant before me. Plus everytime I speak to a friend I get 'u pregnant yet?' which is gonna get annoying if it takes a while!

my close friends do but i think alot of people presume thsat i am. i always get the oh really arnt you a bit young? dont your want to live first ? so i tend not to tell people lol xx

My mum knows and I told one of our close friends who's already preggers but DH is adamant we have to keep quiet! Which is hard for me I'm generally really open with my friends! Hence why pf helps me keep my TTC chat under control!!

Just me and DH know, I feel that telling people will add pressure to us, cuz everyone will be expecting it everytime we chat.

I just don't mention it to anyone else, which is why I am on here so often :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Me, my partner and my sister know. It's SO hard keeping it secret because of how exciting it is but my biggest fear is what if it never happens? People will forever be saying "pregnant yet?" and it'll be very hurtful to always say no.

Yea that's what I'm starting to worry about. It's fine talking about it with ppl when you are positive and excited but it it takes a long time or doesn't happen it's a different story! Thanks for responding girls! Wondered If I was the only big gob. Seems I'm not! :eek:)

I think its good to let a few special people know, people that you can trust and can be there to support you if things aren't going according to plan or... to join in the jumping up and down and screaming with excitement when you get a BFP!!

XX

i think everyone gets a bit annoyed with me because iv been trying so long , iv rang them in excitement thinking im pregnant then never am so many times. so if i talk to friends now, there just like ... oh thats nice tash but dont get your hopes up. haha

Ha! I have a friend like that ready! I ways thought I was pregnant when I wasn't even properly trying. He he. We are funny aren't we!

haha aw tbh i still talk about it anyway cuz i get so excited :) trying for a baby is just a apart of me its taken over my life, think everyone knows how obsessed i am, feel sorry for the OH tbh he puts up with me using and abusing him for one haha

ttc is kind of mine and OH little secret.
3 of my dearest friend know that sometime soon i want another baby but they dont know ttc.
OH's mum and dad know we want another soon aswell but again dont know we are trying.

only 2 of my close mates no we trying, one who already has a baby boy and one who is ttc aswel.
although i will feel bad if i get preggo before her as she has bein trying of over 2years and got upset when our 2 other friend announced there :bfp:. if the other way round i will b made up although a little gutted.
it is so had to keep it a secret thou esp as has a close group of mates an few no an few dont lol.
but i could deal wioth the "are you pregnant yet" comments id prob slap them one hehe.

After late MC, you don't really stand a chance of keeping it a secret, as everyone knew I was preggers first time round.

Everyone knew really early on when i got BFP as it was just before xmas and i wasn't drinking. As it turned out I was really glad everyone knew as everyone was really supportive when i had the mc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back