Telling others that you are TTC...

jodied

Reaction score
Just wondered if everyone else is telling people that you are ttc?

DH and I are always being asked if we are going to have children soon (especially since getting married) and we are keeping quiet about ttc as we want it to be a nice surprise when we do get pregnant (FX not too long a wait!).

Don't like fibbing to people but don't really want everyone to know in case it takes a while (which is why I think this forum is so fab as it gives me somewhere to discuss these things!)

:dust: to everyone

Jodie x

Me and my other half always get it in the neck from both of our mums, they are begging to be grandmas. they kinda know, but we havent told them. They both know ive missed two months periods and i got BFN, but we havent personally told anyone that were are TTC. Yeah your right, being able to talk to others on here is great!x

We are both really close to our parents and DH has been getting grief from his about why we are waiting and we're not but we don't want to tell them that and spoil the surprise - oh well will all be worth it when we get our bfp!!! x

Yes, i'm telling people :)

I've told my parents and siblings and my friends.

I don't like keeping things bottled up - i find it very stressful - and something like ttc can have such an effect on how you are feeling from day to day.

I suppose it might become a little awkward if it does take ages to get pregnant, but i've already decided what happens if i can't get pregnant within a certain timeframe so even that won't be a taboo subject because i'll tell everyone about that too :D

I don't feel there is any shame in not being able to conceive and although the forums are very handy - there nothing like having a sob/scream at a rl person that you love and trust and the OH is no good because he's going through the same thing :)

I think what the main thing is for me is that im only 18, im worried that people with laugh and say how young i am. To be honest ive always been very mature for my age and moved in with my partner into our own place when i was 17 so id just be embarrassed with what people would have to say.
Totally understand what u mean tho!! x

the only thing that would have put me off is the constant "are you pregnant yet?" questions which would become stressfull if it didnt happen for a while! i know what you mean Irb, im 20 and everyone was like "your way too young to think about babies" and my pregnancy wasnt planned! so maybe keep it hush lol x

I have only told one friend who I introduced to this forum!
I haven't told anyone else because I can't handle the constant 'are you pregnant yet' from everyone
Especially as my sister and my brothers all seem to be able to conceive within days of announcing that they are trying.

We haven't told anybody!

People also keep asking us when we're going to have children and we just say 'oh when the house is decorated properly and when we have some more money saved' lol

xxx

I couldnt wait to tell ppl that I was ttc but wish now that I hadnt. Im coming up to 9 months if Im not pregnant this cycle, Ive had some rude comments from ppl suggesting there is something wrong with my husbands swimmers, and tbh I get so annoyed when ppl say that it will happen and you think to yourself I know it will but I wish that so many ppl didnt know now. Its kinda common knowledge and makes me feel a failure each month when it has not happened. If we ever try again and are succesful this time I will keep it quiet :x

Hiya Nikki :)

Sorry you got rude comments...

I suppose it depends who says it whether you interpret it as rude or not.

My mum has already said it'll be his swimmer if anything :roll:

Last edited:
I have only told one friend who I introduced to this forum!
I haven't told anyone else because I can't handle the constant 'are you pregnant yet' from everyone
Especially as my sister and my brothers all seem to be able to conceive within days of announcing that they are trying.

Bonny, I completely agree - I don't think I could handle the constant question which is inevitable! x

We haven't told anybody!

People also keep asking us when we're going to have children and we just say 'oh when the house is decorated properly and when we have some more money saved' lol

xxx

Yes we keep saying "oh when we've paid off the wedding and enjoyed being married for a bit!" x

I couldnt wait to tell ppl that I was ttc but wish now that I hadnt. Im coming up to 9 months if Im not pregnant this cycle, Ive had some rude comments from ppl suggesting there is something wrong with my husbands swimmers, and tbh I get so annoyed when ppl say that it will happen and you think to yourself I know it will but I wish that so many ppl didnt know now. Its kinda common knowledge and makes me feel a failure each month when it has not happened. If we ever try again and are succesful this time I will keep it quiet :x

Sorry to hear that hun - sending you :dust: x

oh pickeledonions you poor thing, people can be bloomin rude hey. AND its not often I say bloomin Ive turned into me nan!!! Anyway

Because of my age (yep 37) when I was first trying a few people were like wow arent you two guna have kids and I had to take each person (female) to one said and say "now listen up... my boyfriend is not sure if he wants to have kids, but I do, so you are not helping my cause with the constant pressure, now, it will happen if and when it happens, now help me out with this and stop the comments and give me some support" now that shut em up. Then this time Ive said basically, I will announce when I am pregnant so I cant tell you anything that I dont know at the moment so stop with the oooohhhhh errr you could be pregnant because I am not. That tends to do the trick and along with the "I really dont wish to discuss my sex life with you actually" also works ha ha ha good luck all xxx

Sorry to tuen u into a granny :) It was my sister she is one of those ppl who discusses it and then gets pregnant shes not very nice to me!

I'm quite lucky with my family generally knowing to shut up (dad, brother, sister) and others (mum) only chatting on about it behind my back so i don't know haha :)

When me and hubby decided ttc I told some of my work friends, I was just so excited I couldn't help it :) I had to tell someone, but now wish I hadn't :shakehead: ... It's only been 2 months and I'm constantly bothered by the "you pregnant yet?" :shakehead:

I think everyone knows we are because of our age (38). Our parents are quite pushy about it as well, especially for me being an only child.

What is it with people and the nasty comments? I get that too..... my hubby is a chef and people are always saying what low sperm counts chefs have (bollocks too close to a hot stove apparently) and how Gordon Ramsey had IVF for all his kids etc. Mind your own sperm!

I dont tell people, but if anyone asks I say "yes, not stressing about it though", that seems to do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back