different/not popular name for a girl

rhian85

Reaction score
okies i have (along with cheri22 a feeling this will be a girl, OH would like a different name for her thats not popular SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do u think of Effie ???

the second one - is it ee-fie? if so, i think it's lovely :)

yeah u say it as u see it really u can spell it ephie silent p so sounds like f .. but we prefer it as effie :hug: :hug:

Not sure of Effie, makes me think of Eff off (sorry :oops: ) Love Aoife though (Eeefa) and the Welsh one nickilubs mentioned.

It's a lot easier to get an unusual girl's name don't you think? We've got one boys name and a dozen girls :)

I totally agree with MInxy... was thinking that it sounded like f off before i read her post. Sorry. Just my opinion x

i think eefie is cute ! but im thinking it sounds like its been shortened from something else ? dunno what tho just sounds like a nick name !
our unusual girls name is serenity , dh loves this !

i love the name aeofie - i prefer that over effie. effie looks like it should be pronounce eff-ie

Isnt Effie the name of a char in skins? I dont know.. theres something about it which makes me really like it

x x

Agree with Minxy and Jen81. Does sound like the E would sound like an F and then that makes it a whole other meaning. Some will know how to pronounce it but I'd be prepared for others to not know and it to sound F heavy.

Not a name I've heard since school as there was a Greek girl called Effie. I quite like it, but I guess with it being so unusual it might be a case of her forever having to repeat her name to people who think she's saying something else.

I know a few Effie's! All older generation though, I think it's a shortening of Euphemia.

Sorry I'm still confused, is it pronounced ee-fee or eff-ee hon?

I prefer ee-fee if that makes sense but either way the name will become your daughter and I think giving a girl a less common name is nice, it's easier to do than with a boy

x

I have a little cousin called Aoife. She's Irish and the name is Irish and means
radiant beauty. I really love the name, would you not spell it Aoife? It's said EE-fah though, so a little bit different from
Effie xxx

i have to agree it sounds like 'effing' this 'effing' that....or iffy...

you could call her something like ephelia and call her effy for short though :think:

Its so hard to talk about different names on here as we have to remember that when spoken with different acents the names will sound different!

My top unusal names are:

Willow
Imogen
Sky
Mimi

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members