Did your Doctor confirm your pregnancy?

Tatum29

Reaction score
I was told I had to bring in a urine sample so it could be sent to the lab and tested for pregnancy! I should find out on friday, although they said I have to go in and ask, as they don't give out pregnancy test results over the phone!

When I was PG with my son, the Doctors treated you as PG from the start, based on positive hpt's! I guess they need proof now.

Anyone else have to take in a sample to their surgery for testing? Do they just test for HCG or also for sugar etc, like they do at antenatal appointments?

It's just weird to me. Before I just went in and said I'd had a postive home test and that was that! Is this the new policy? My son is 5, so it's a while since I've done this stuff!

I didn't get the doctor to confirm it but i had to have an early scan so i guess this confirmed it really!

My Doctor just took my word for it.

My doc tested as part of a routine load of tests to check what was up with me - suspected fibroids :shock:

it must just be different in different areas.

my doctor took my word for it but i was still in denial so she took a urine sample and sent it away to the lab to confirm it for me :rotfl:

It must be my particular surgery then. I know the result already, but if it makes them feel happier, so be it :)

My doctor didn't comfirm. I took two home pregnancy tests a few days apart and she took my word for it.

I think it just depends on each surgeries policy and personal preference tbh.

Mt doctor never confirmed mine. here they simply go on your + HPT.

My doctor didn't do anything! All he said was ' you will need to book an appointment with the midwife'! Great! I had waited days for that appointment only to find I had to wait another 4 weeks to see the midwife!

my 1st pregnancy my doctor just took my word for it! strangly!

2nd time around i just took a sample in with me as i find it murder trying to pee on demand at the doctors! lol

altho they just tested there and then, they didnt send anything off to the labs!

fingers croosed everything works out for you! xx

With my first 3 the doctor didnt comfirm it, with my 4thhe asked for a sample and this time i have not seen the doctor yet, i couldnt get an appointment with him till 5th november Grrrr!!!

I had to do a sample which was sent off :) Think it's just standard practice here

My doctor didn't confirm and said she'd just organise me to see a midwife which took a couple of weeks.

My doc was happy to confirm pregnancy based on the fact that I had used a Clear Blue test. She would have done a urine test for me if I had really wanted.

Well, my lab test came back positive, so now I'm OFFICIALLY pregnant! :clap: lol

I've been told to call my midwife to arrange my booking in appointment, so I'll do that next wk! It's nice to get the ball rolling on things. :)

I think it depends on where you are.

When I became pregnant with my daughter, I was living in Coventry and they did ask for a urine sample, which they subsequently lost ( :doh: ) but they would confirm over the phone.

We're in Cambridge now and they didn't ask for additional proof. The midwife even said that the tests you can buy in the supermarket can detect pregnancy at lower levels than their own tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back