I have to wait

TORino

Reaction score
I handed in my sample and I have to wait until Monday afternoon for official confirmation from the doctor that I am pregnant. :lol:

I said to the woman on the desk that I'd be very surpised if it came back negative given I have spent £50 almost on pregnancy tests.

Do they test it for anything other than presence of HCG?

Hiya!

If you have done pregnancy tests you have got to be pregnant as they are so reliable these days. Do you have to do it for doctors confirmation?

Yes, I went to the docs yesterday to tell him I was pregnant and he said I had to do the sample for them to confirm it. I wasn't really expecting that as I didn't have to do that last time.

I hope it doesn't come back negative. Lol

I didn't have to this time but did last time I rang up for the results and she said the doctor has made you an app to come and see him to tell you the results, I had to wait till the next day I went in his room and he said I was pregnant I was sooo mad haven't got a clue why they did it.
I'm sure you will be fine it's still scary tho lol

Im pretty sure it just is the same as home pregnancy test, showing hcg levels. Home tests are so reliable these days and i have never had to give a sample for my doc to check. I rang docs other day to book an appointment as i had just tested positive and they said i didnt need to see doc and to book in straight with midwife x

I didn't have to this time but did last time I rang up for the results and she said the doctor has made you an app to come and see him to tell you the results, I had to wait till the next day I went in his room and he said I was pregnant I was sooo mad haven't got a clue why they did it.
I'm sure you will be fine it's still scary tho lol

That is really really mean!

I am a little bit apprehensive because I said to myself I wasn't going to do any more tests. Difficult to get out of the doctors one though I guess!

Our doctors won't test you (probably trying to save pennies!), so they don't really prove your pregnant until the 12 week scan, which I found very strange!

I didn't hav to do a test for pregnancy but I did give a urine sample to test your protein levels to make sure no urinary tract infections x

I had to do a sample before i could get an app with my mw, but i rung up for the results and spoke to the nurse (she supported me after my mc), she told me it was pos and booked me in with mw. Seems offical when they have confirmed it, when i had my mc i dindnt get chance to get it confirmed :( xx

My doc did offer to do a dip test for pregnancy when I went cos I was in such shock at bfp lol but first two pregnancies they didn't

I had to do a sample to confirm for my gp even tho he told me to ring mw before id even done the sample!!

Didnt have to with my other two.

Wouldnt mind by the time they rang to comfirm id already got an app with mw! xx

I had to do a preg test at the docs and then he took my blood pressure, checked my contact number and said he would get a midwife to get in contact with me.....a clue when please??? He didn't even say at how many weeks this would be or anything....x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back