did you find out/ are you finding out the sex??

2010stacey87

Reaction score
heyy... i have my 20 week scan 18th feb, i cant wait to see him/her again!
my OH is too impatient and wants to find out the sex, i am not bothered either way as long as its healthy, but people at work/friends are advising me not to as it ruins the suprise/thrill?

what are everyones thoughts? xx :eh:

dont let anyone influence your decision honey, i found out and i am so glad i did. i go shopping with a friend due in 2 weeks and she didnt find out and she kicks herself whenever we go shopping because i pick up all the cute dresses, and the pink :) but she cant because she doesnt know what shes having. thats not a bad thing at all, i just personally really was intreigued to know, and now we have pretty much all the right colour stuff. its completely your preference, so do what ever you feel is right, if you dont want to know and want the surprise, then dont find out! i was way too impatient myself xx

I had my scan last week and unfortunately bub's had it's cord between it's wotsits so couldn't see, not that the consultant wanted to tell us anyway.... was a bit gutted to be honest. There are quite a few girls on here that are happy to wait for their surprise! Good luck to you on whatever you decided x

I found what we are having because I can't wait for anything and personally surprises irritate me I HAVE to known what's going on so I can make plans! Lol

Plus I was convinced I was having a girl and I was right :)

I've had my scan today (Tri 2 for pic) & didn't find out what we're having. I didn't find out with my first either. It's what's in your nature to be honest. I don't shake or try to sneak what my Christmas presents are as I like to have the surprise. Others as they've said don't like to wait. Only you can make that decision. It didn't bother me buying neutral clothes etc either & loved after all the hard slog of pushing being able to ask "what is it?"

Balls in your court & do what feel is right for you.

Sunnyb xxx

I Didnt find out what i was having in my 1st pregnancy only because they didnt tell you then!!! But i will defiently be finding out this time!!!

My nan is kinda psychic and predicted that i was going to go into labour early.. ' she said on a sunday you will go into labour in the next couple of days' mind you i still had 7 weeks to go and thought nothing of it, only to go into labour 2 days later... and she had predicted 3 other people in the family to go into labour when they were pregnant and she was right!...freaky...

so i asked her if she had any 'feelings' on weather im having a boy or girl... she has predicted a boy! :)

so when i find out will see if she is right!!! i think every family needs a psychic :) x

p.s she not really psychic.... just a lucky guesser! lol

Last edited:
At one time i never wanted to know what other people where having let alone me, but now as ive got older i defo want to find out and my OH is the same. I think for more practical reasons really.

i'm trying to not let anyone influence me flexilexi but its just the way they say "aww you're not finding out are you!" like i shouldnt... bit annoying to be honest. My OH wants to find out more than I do, although I do like being organised and prepared and would like to decorate the nursery properly for his/her arrival so we have both agreed to ask at the scan. any signs of movement hun? i see your due date was yesterday i bet you are so excited to meet her!

awww hopeful, sometimes they cant tell and sometimes... you have no choice but to see the sex... can you not ask for another scan to determine sex? im a first timer so dont know how it works, but I know you usually only have 2 scans unless there are any complications. But its worth an ask if you really want to know.

not long to go mrs s... good luck! :)

thanks sunnyb, i still think we are going to find out, we have 3 weeks yet so I could change my mind before then! xxxx

No hun, won't be offered another, and at the 20 week scan they are just checking bub's is ok not actually sexing 'it'..... if we want to find out and there is no guarentee is go for a private scan, which we would have to travel 2-3 hours to the nearest place and not sure my DH is up for it... hey ho such is life but at least bub's is well x

thats the main thing hopeful at least baba is all nice and healthy :) it will be a nice suprise for you... and theres always the option of 3d scan if you want to push the boat out xxx

kellyhook that is creepy! everyone needs a phsycic nan! i did go to a phsycic early last year who told me if i wasnt "careful" i would get caught out pregnant before November last year and low and behold here I am now 16 weeks gone... i was on the pill (although a little clumsy with it) so I do believe a little bit in them! p.s you are due 2 days before my birthday... 19th august xx

spinneygirl - thats the reason I want to find out practical reasons... getting organised, not wasting money etc xx

mrs s i didnt know you knew the sex! snap! xx

Hehe yes I just forgot to change my ticker,I remember reading your thread when you found out and thinking that will be me in a few weeks I just knew I was having a girl

Everyone told us not to find out as it would spoil it etc but I think its a personal decision.
We found out we were having a little girl at a private scan as 4 friends have not been told at routine scans recently.
Im so glad we found out as I was convinced from day one we were having a boy & it was a massive shock to be told its a girl so I cant imagine how shocked Id be if id spent another 20 weeks or more convinced it was a boy then it turned out to be a girl!x

my first was a suprise which was nice so i have experienced not knowing but with my little man i had to find out as the sucpence was killing me lol! x

If it was just me I would have found out but OH said it will make me push harder to find out!!

Im not sure i want to know as i already have a boy and a girl. Then again i dont think i could wait till its born either so im going to ask the sonographer to write it down for me so i can look at it if i decide i do want to know.

Last edited:
Hello! My 20 week scan is on 4th march and we r going to find out :)

I couldn't wait, me and OH were both dying to find out. Some people did say it would 'ruin the surprise' but I think I'll be quite surprised enough with a new baby anyway, thanks very much lol.

We are staying team yellow! I have my scan a week tomorrow!!!! Im having the opposite really, when i say we are not finding out my friends are all like nooo we want to know! xxx

I couldn't wait, me and OH were both dying to find out. Some people did say it would 'ruin the surprise' but I think I'll be quite surprised enough with a new baby anyway, thanks very much lol.

These were my thoughts exactly and told quite a few people off after getting lecture after lecture about our decision :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back