Did you find out the sex???

oldmama

Reaction score
Hi - going 4 my 20wk scan tom.

did u find out the sex - if so do you wish you had waited to find out at birth or are you glad you found out????

:wall:

We have our 20 week scan next week but we aren't going to find out. We found out what my nephew was about 13 weeks and it wasn't as exciting when he was born as we knew what he was. My SIL is super organised and wanted to know and she said she would again if she was pregnant again

We are definately going to wait, need something to get me through the birth!

We found out at our 20 weeks scan, but are not telling people. We have told 4 people in all and have asked them to not say anything. TBH, 2 of them don't know anyone else that we do so that won't be a problem. The others are my parents who are sworn to secrecy and refer to our baby as Baby Bean :)

Like tots hope, I find that knowing sex and name and so on before baby is born doesn't make it as exciting for me when I get the phonecall or letter announcing baby's birth. I ask people I know, when they are having babies to not tell me all the info but to surprise me when born. Hence us deciding while we wanted to know for ourselves, we are keeping it quiet from everyone else. And so far we've not slipped up. We refer to our baby as Bean, Baby Bean or Baby. If I refer to 'it' in any other way I usually say she/he/it in a random order so as to keep people unawares.

And so far no one has even asked us if we know what we are having which is nice. And if they do I shall simply say no, not a clue :) And if they ask about names, I say yes we have them picked but they'll have to wait till Baby is born to find out :)

I wanted to find out partly because i was convinced i was having a boy so wanted it confirmed so i could buy blue things.

My baby was in an awkward postion at the 20 week scan so it wasnt as easy to tell but the sonographer thought girl which was a massive suprise.

Im glad i did find out as like to call baby he/she but you do lose the element of suprise although we have decided not to name her till after shes born as there is still a chance i could pop a boy yet.

It took me ages to decide right up to my scan day i was changing my mind. Go with what feel right.

Good Luck tomorrow :D

We found out because we already both have a son each. We wanted to be able to tell the boys whether they would be getting a brother or a sister.

First time around I never found out, i wanted a surprise although all the way through I knew i would have a boy.

we found out and im so glad we did i much prefere to call him him instead of it or the baby.
the only person who doesnt know is my dad as he likes the surprise
its also helped us try out lots more names as we no its a boy :)
manda xx

Me and OH wanted to know what sex it was, i am far too impatient to wait :roll:
Everyone knows what we are expecting, the only thing we refuse to say is her name that we have chosen. That we will save till she is born.

My OH was adamant he didn't want to find out so we didn't and it was lovely when Austin was born. I don't think I'm going to find out next time either, it's more exciting in the long run if you don't know and it's such a relatively short time to have to wait to find out.

I didn't find out with my two girls as the hospital wouldn't say, and this time round I really wanted to know and they changed their policy recently so they could tell us. I am really pleased that we know it's a boy, i've bought blue things and it means everyone else can get things too without waiting for the phonecall after the birth.

And I love calling the baby him, makes me and especially OH feel closer to the baby x x

I found out that James was a boy at the 20 week scan and it made it seem more real for me. I had his name picked out and blue clothes ready before he was born.

This time I wanted to find out at the 20 week scan but the hospital in Aberdeen have a policy of not telling. We're going for a private 4d scan on the 19th to find out.

I found out with all 3 of mine - theres no way i could wait the full 9 months!

2 girls, and now expecting a wee boy - it feels perfect!

And ive already been out & bought lots of boys clothes (its such a novelty!)

We don't want to know. Looking forward to a surprise. I think we both need to start preparing ourselves for a boy though, at the moment we seem to think it's a girl :think:

I found out what the sex was with Abigail, Tia and Hayden, with Jordan i didnt i wanted it to be a surprise, i dont think im gonna find out this time either

I didn't find out as the hospital I am at won't tell u. But I didn't want to know anyway.

i didn't want to know, but OH did. i'm glad we found out as i think its really helped him bond with our baby - easy for me to get excited cos i can feel him moving etc, but OH was struggling for a while to grasp the reality of it all. but when he found out he was having a son, it suddenly all got very real for him and he's now sooo excited :D

weve got our scan in a couple of weeks

although we are both tempted im pretty sure we wont find out, i want the nice surprise :D

We found out (although we always suspected we were having a girl) and I'm glad we did - as it means someone in the village has given us two and a half binliners full of pink clothes :cheer:

We our going to find out
i always thought id be happier with a suprise but i cant take not knowing i can name my baby when we find out. I have my scan next Friday we both think its a BOY

we found out as my OH couldnt bear to miss the opportunity to know more about our baby

im really glad we did as its made her a real person, and we can imagine a future with a little girl now

now we're just waiting in excitement to see her in real life :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back