Depression support thread

your're welcome :)
best to get these things sorted asap, because the more low you get, the less motivation you have to get help, again, this is general depression experience, i may be being naiive, but from what ive heard about PND, its not too different.
xxx

No you are right, its exactly the same hun. Which is how i knew i had PND as i had depression after my dad. Im just going to try to stay positive about it for this time. Just a shame i have a mum and sister who like to stress me out! xx

my own psychiatrist told me in August that BPD is a lifelong illness
ive always been told that with the right treatment (DBT) and sometimes meds combo, BPD is 50% 'curable'. there is hope! :)

i also have BPD, but have been diagnosed with many things the last 7 years, psych wards have been a big part of my life since 14 years old.
i found out i was pregnant yesterday, and i am feeling happy, but that could change, i am probably more susceptable to PND too.
im terrified im going to be an awful mum, or terrified that i will lose the baby. i know its a quite a while away, but i tend to panic about things.
im still under mental health services, my community psych nurse doesnt know yet, but she, like my mum, will freak out.

sorry for rambling, i just hope that this was the right place to voice these kind of concerns.
x

Awww good luck Hun! It's the best thing I've ever done! I thought my mum was going to freak as well, but she wasn't too bad. Plus I was nearly 29 when I fell pregnant and had nearly finished therapy etc. my therapist knew I was trying. Meds never worked for me, after being on so many different things for 11 years I came off most things at 27 and the rest when I fell pregnant as I didn't need them anymore. They don't offer DBT up here but I went through 2 years of intense 3 full day therapy in a therapeutic community. So there was a mixture of therapies used, one was MBT - which is another therapy recommended for BPD.
I wish you all the luck in the world with your pregnancy, being a mummy is amazing :) hard work! But so rewarding and I know for me alot of my priorities changed well before Emily arrived :hugs:

thankyou for your lovely words :)

ive heard good things about MBT treating DBT.

im pretty sure my mum will never talk to me again! she was 26 when she had me, and she thinks thats really young, ive only just turned 20, i suppose times have changed. ive only been out of a 2 year stint in psych hospitals, for a month. :doh:
plus, i know nothing about the father, not even a name *cringe*

im in a theraputic community at the moment, so there are people here 24hours a day, but no specific therapies, just 'group therapy' and '1:1 therapy' and keywork and stuff.
minimum stay is 18 months, so im really scared im going to have to leave when im in the later stages.

i feel much less depressed since i found out, even before i found out, i think i must have known somehow. :)
usually my way of coping with stress/shock/change is self harming and other self destructive behaviours, but i dont want to do that anymore, i have someone else to think of now :thumbup:

sorry, this was long and rambling! oops!
xxx

thankyou for your lovely words :)

ive heard good things about MBT treating DBT.

im pretty sure my mum will never talk to me again! she was 26 when she had me, and she thinks thats really young, ive only just turned 20, i suppose times have changed. ive only been out of a 2 year stint in psych hospitals, for a month. :doh:
plus, i know nothing about the father, not even a name *cringe*

im in a theraputic community at the moment, so there are people here 24hours a day, but no specific therapies, just 'group therapy' and '1:1 therapy' and keywork and stuff.
minimum stay is 18 months, so im really scared im going to have to leave when im in the later stages.

i feel much less depressed since i found out, even before i found out, i think i must have known somehow. :)
usually my way of coping with stress/shock/change is self harming and other self destructive behaviours, but i dont want to do that anymore, i have someone else to think of now :thumbup:

sorry, this was long and rambling! oops!
xxx

Wow you sound so much like my younger sister who seems to have gone through exactly the same(minus the pregnancy) Im sure your mum will come round. Im sure she will realise you need support, and we are all here too :)

thankyou Nikki, its really comforting to know that there are people who understand :)

my mum lives about 1hr 30mins away, so hopefully she would have calmed down by the time she gets here and wont kill me! when i do eventually tell her :s

xxx

At the end of the day whats done is done, ok so you might not know the father but everyone makes mistakes. And at the end of it you will have a beautiful baby so not all is bad. The supported housing is good, will they get you a place of your own ie a flat after? Thats what happened with my sister and she is now studying for a psychology degree. x

I think its great that you have a supportive network around you right now, don't fear sweetheart, your new life is just about to begin, and with the right guidance and support you will be just fine, I think the baby could be the lifeline you have been looking for, and we are always here too XXX

thankyou both :)
i hope they will get me a flat afterwards, apparently mother and baby units aren't very nice :s

i do feel like i have a purpose now. i believe that everything happens for a reason.
im just worried now after it sinking in and me feeling positive, the doctor on monday will say that i am not pregnant. that would be the worst.

sorry i keep going on like this, i just dont feel like i can talk about this with the therapists here, i think they are in denial a little bit, because they are totally avoiding any words to do with 'pregnant' or 'baby'.
apparently this is the first time this has happened here, so they are probably a bit unsure of what to do, and keep saying 'wait for the docs on monday'. even with 3 positive tests.
sorry, im going on again...
xxxx

Don't feel you need to apologise, you have every right to talk, rant, moan, be happy, infact you have as much right to feel emotion as the next person, when you have concerns it really does help to get things off your chest. You sound so much like a younger version of myself I wish somebody could have helped and listened to me when I was your age its took till I'm 42 to feel normal lol... What I'm trying to say is .. its OK and you really will be OK XXX

This is exactly the place to rant and vent your feelings, especially if you feel you cant talk to anyone at the unit. They probably just want to make sure with a docs confirmation. Then i suppose they will work out what you need to do whether it be continue there or move to a different place. Just remember you may be the first it has happened to there but im sure you wont be the first person in your situation with your circumstances hun xx

its OK and you really will be OK
thankyou daisypurple :)

you may be the first it has happened to there but im sure you wont be the first person in your situation with your circumstances hun xx

yes, thats true. thanks :)
xxx

[/QUOTE]

been having very low days since I got my BFP. Id love to share my thoughts and feelings with you all about how I am feeling but atm Im but worried that someone I know will discover them. :(

Reading the thread has made me realise im not alone though. Thank you ladies xxx

If you wantto PM me about it all lovely your more than welcome xx

I'm coming back to this thread as I don't feel like I can talk to anyone.

I feel down, have that horrible dread feeling in the pit of my stomach constantly. Its been a horrible week, trouble with family. Feeling like I've forgotten everything I learnt in therapy. I'm just trying to tell myself this will pass because it will. I just feel so alone! :'(

I'm coming back to this thread as I don't feel like I can talk to anyone.

I feel down, have that horrible dread feeling in the pit of my stomach constantly. Its been a horrible week, trouble with family. Feeling like I've forgotten everything I learnt in therapy. I'm just trying to tell myself this will pass because it will. I just feel so alone! :'(

Oh Helen :-( I don't know what to say Hun. Wish I lived nearer ! Xxxxx

Massive :hugs: Helen, were all here if you need us Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back