Can't stop crying

Rosie1

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about my state of mind at the moment.

Had baby by C-section on wednesday and ever since i can't stop crying. I know its normal to get a bit emotional after birth, but i am worried this is something more. I get to the point each day where i am bawling my eyes out, and i have no idea why. I am also getting a bit anxious and panicky.

I am on 3 types of pain medication for the effects of the section and one of them - Voltarol 50 mg (Diclofenac) says it can very rarely cause depression and anxiety, and i do seem to be worse about an hour after taking it, so i have told my MW that i am cutting it out to see if it makes a difference (i have suffered with depression and panic attacks in the past so wonder if i am a bit pre-disposed to it?)

I'm so upset by it all, this is supposed to be the happiest time of my life but all i am doing is crying and worrying.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar so soon after birth?

now you come to mention it I remember the painkillers having some effect and im sure it was the voltarol. Im not sure if volatrol was the anti inflammatory. You body will take a lot of healing so have a good cry. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Oh yes i a few days after having Calleigh i would ball my eyes out for no particular reason and i couldnt stop. This went on for a few days. Midwife said it was completely normal to feel that way a few days after giving birth.
Not sure bout the painkiller link tho.

are voltarol the little brown pills?
i was exactly the same, and i stopped taking them and it was like my crying stopped straight away :think: :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back