signs of depression???????

Discussion in 'Kids Health' started by amy, Feb 27, 2006.

1. amy

amy Well-Known Member

hi what are proper signs of depression, i feel so fed up all the time, i cant hardly get excited about stuff, me and my hubby are rowing alot, is it just tiredness, i have a 6 month, who doesn't sleep through the night. my doctor is helpful but i find it awkward going, as he likes to think you have depression, thats his field :roll: i find not many mums like to talk about it, it would be nice to see how other mums felt. :?

2. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Have found a link that gives you some of the symptoms of PND which can occur for up to year after baby is born

http://www.surreypnd.nhs.uk/recognising.htm

The symptoms you have described do sound like they could be depression, I would suggest talking to your health visitor perhaps if you don't want to talk to your Dr, they have a questionnaire called the Edinburgh questionnaire which she may ask you to fill in. I have been told that I may be suffering from a depression of sorts, am due to see a CPN next month for an assessment, but if you want to chat PM me anytime x

3. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

braydon is 5 months tomoz and dont sleep thro the nite it gets me so down its unbelievable i feel like crying all the time but i cant i have to get on!!! i lost twins a week ago and since then i have just gone down hill and never seem to be sleeping

4. amy

amy Well-Known Member

ive done them questionaires, they say i have anxiety, which i know already, suffered with that for a long time, just cant get rid of it. :cry: sorry about your loss sarah, i lost my bean 3 weeks ago, i dont have time to think these days i think its just building up. my ex is causing havoc with my daughter ( the older one) he never wants to see her, so there"s arguments there, not that my children ever see that. my hubby and me are going through a rough patch,i feel its down to me to sort everything, do other mums feel like that??????????? crikey im getting this off my chest, :shock: sorry for gabberling on, take care sarah, keep in touch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

keep gabbling hun - if ur ex dont want to see ur daughter then maybe that is better for however horrible it sounds

6. amy

amy Well-Known Member

well i keep telling myself that then out of the blue he wants to see her :roll: ironically his mum and dad are teachers and CHILD social workers, so they butt in when not needed, no win situation, well saying that i told him the other day he had to see a soliciter to to make proper dates to see lucy ( my daughter) that means he wont let her down again, his family do not like that, its so bloody stressful as i dont needthis at the mo. thanks for replying it really helps. :)