Depression support thread

i dont recommend citalopram, made me a wreck but i have bipolar and usually get lithium which wipes you out. I have been ok recently and had no meds as i am trying to concieve but i always feel like my world is about to cave in on me....always had that feeling of impending doom all my life

Ive been on citalopram and didnt find it too bad but having said that it did feck all and I starting taking it in a bad way (none for a week then maybe six tablets at a time ) but that was several years ago . then I was put on risperidone which I didnt think I needed and caused me to feel like I couldnt breathe . I'm hoping this is milder and will help . Its been a long time since I have felt like this and Im hoping i raised the white flag early enough .

i did exactly the same with citalopram, i have to be careful with any meds as i have a history of drug abuse ( clean for 3 nearly 4 yrs ) so anything i have i get the urge to binge.

I'm undecided about whether to go to the gp or not. I am a bit worried about being prescribed anti-D's but there are lots of times I feel I could really do with some help. Mainly I'm worried that I'll clamp up and brush off my symptoms or struggle to explain myself and they'll just ignore me iygwim?

Lynette me too (not something I admit or talk about much ) it was with Pain medication and sleeping tablets . I used to a mess.. MrsR go to the Gp :hugs: with derpession or anxiety when you let it get on top of you too much you will find it inpossible to ask for help . Better to aske before it becomes to overwhelming x

Lynette me too (not something I admit or talk about much ) it was with Pain medication and sleeping tablets . I used to a mess.. MrsR go to the Gp :hugs: with derpession or anxiety when you let it get on top of you too much you will find it inpossible to ask for help . Better to aske before it becomes to overwhelming x

I used to do the same tiny, with pain meds and sleeper.

Helen, you're in trouble!!! You've been texting me today and didn't say you're not doing good? Go to the GP Hun, there's no shame I basking for help!!!
Tiny I was on risperidone - came off it quite quick and went into another one but after 3 years we realised I didn't need them. Same with Lithium lynette, horrible stuff. I ended up 15 stone :/
:hugs: to you all!
Tiny I had lustral when I was 16 but I can't remember much as its a long time ago but my friend is on them and finds they help
X

Thanks for your reply :hugs: nice to know it wasnt just me .I'll be starting them on wedensday anyway . Hopefulloy on a short term basis

Hello - id been on Ciprimil a few years before i was pregnant and about three months in i spoke to the Dr. and was offered Prozac. It really helped me as I was soooooo depressed. I'm still taking it and I think its doing me the world of good. My Dr. was so supportive and has been ever since. Im not ready to come off it just yet and she doesnt think its a good idea either.
Hugs to all x

Thanks guys. I'll phone gp this morning I think xxx
Sorry Helen! xxx

I'm sorry that you are feeling like this, the chemicals in our brains have a lot to answer for don't they? I'm sorry that you had to go through a miscarriage that must have been hard, I'm pleased that the councilling helped though with the prozac, I'm pleased to hear that you are pregnant again, with support you will beat this, and I'm sure you will be a fantastic mummy. Talking is the best way to make sense of your feelings hun. Xx

I then fell pregnant in January and decided to come off them as I was scared of it affecting LO. I can feel the depression starting again though and the pregnancy hormones are adding to it. Can't get a Dr appt until Thursday but am struggling.

This should be the happiest time of my life but I'm crying nearly every day. What kind of mother to a baby will I be, like this?!

Sorry for mucho big post xxx

I've been the same lately - the antidepressants I'm on are apparently safe to take in pregnancy, maybe you should ask the doc if they'd be suitable for you?

They're called Sertraline, and they're a bit like Citalopram only without the nasty side effects.

I'm only on a low dose, but without them I'm a total emotional wreck, bursting into tears every two minutes over nothing, and before now I've even blamed Linzie for things that totally have nothing to do with her.

I stopped taking them about two months ago, and almost lost everything because of it. I'm back on them now, and everything seems to be doing really well. X

*Sent from TapaTalk*SonyEricssonX10MiniPro*

I've recently been looking into meditation as a way of clearing my mind and over the past 18 months have been taking steps to make changes in my life that would be for the better, its a long hard road, and I'm only half way along it, but I do have many more good days than bad lately, xx

Hey hun I know.its hard open.up and talk, have you thought about keeping a journal? It really does help to make a note on your daily feelings xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back