December 2018 Testing Thread

I am still waiting for AF to arrive. Due yesterday/today.
Haven’t done another test since Christmas Eve as decided to just forget about it for a few days.
Getting AF cramps i think x
What sort of tests did u do char?

I am still waiting for AF to arrive. Due yesterday/today.
Haven’t done another test since Christmas Eve as decided to just forget about it for a few days.
Getting AF cramps i think x
Hope you’ve had a good festive period and time off from thinking about TTC

Sorry Lollypop.

Princess it’s still early, maybe try a FRER?

Char, really hope AF stays away and you get a surprise BFP! X

AF was due Boxing Day. Still not shown. Last two cycles i was early (I didn’t ovulate). So I’m in a bit of a melt down - tested this morning with a first response and BFN. So bloody angry that this is happening - it’s so cruel as i am also meant to ring the clinic the day it starts to start the IVF cycle. And here was me yesterday allowing myself to think omg we have done it. Knicker checking praying it stays away and now I’m wanting it to bloody hurry up! Not in a good place! Why does this happen!!!! The reality of a stark white test again in itself is enough to deal with without knowing I’m now being made to wait to tell the clinic! I’ve only been this late once before and I had terrible back ache and cramps before. This time just mild cramps (since about a week ago) so really did expect it to show by now. Then of course thinking do tests just not work for me (I’ve never been pregnant as far as I know) or maybe I’m going to be one of these whose hormones need time - still clinging on to anything - I feel so desperate, pathetic and stupid! Agh sorry rant over.

Char maybe test again. Fingers crossed for you xx

I apologise in advance, I’m not sure how to work this website and create my own post, however I’m wondering if you’d be able to help me or point me in the right direction?!
Hi! I’m looking for opinions / advice please.
I last had a period on the 12th of december, in the 2.5 weeks following me and my partner had unprotected sex 3 times.
Yesterday morning I had very light pink bleeding once on the tissue whilst going to the toilet, I thought my period may be coming as I do have irregular periods sometimes, however I have had no bleeding since and no horrific period pains which I usually suffer with. I have had VERY sore to the touch breasts for the last three days & my partner said to me today that they look larger than normal & pointed out a couple blue veins running down my left breast which is never normally that prominent. I feel tired & are having occasional hot flushes & dizzy spells but that’s not out of the ordinary for me as I work in the hospital which can be very hot. I took a pregnancy test this afternoon which came back as negative, I’m just wondering if there’s still a chance that I could be pregnant?!
TIA xxx

Good Evening ☺️

I’ll give a little de-brief of my December.. since the 6th December..

I’ve been sick 3 times, suffered with nausea almost daily, breasts have grown, I’ve been bloated daily with mild cramps, dizzy spells and tiredness. I’m due my period on 02/01 and normally my skin breaks out between periods - this month, my skin has been more or less clear.

Other than those symptoms, I feel fine. I’ve taken two tests this week.. both coming back negative. The only sign of a ‘line’ is this scratch-like (which isn’t actually a scratch) line that is only visible in a certain light. I’m adamant that this is a negative test but will be trying again with a different brand to confirm.

My periods/PMS have been regular and reliable since I was 13.. but my average cycle length has gone all over the place since August and I’ve never had an experience like I have this month. Is it likely that this could just be a major hormonal imbalance or the possibility of an early pregnancy?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

ACCC640F-A648-4076-B971-FE2B56D6C241.jpeg

Last edited:
I apologise in advance, I’m not sure how to work this website and create my own post, however I’m wondering if you’d be able to help me or point me in the right direction?!
Hi! I’m looking for opinions / advice please.
I last had a period on the 12th of december, in the 2.5 weeks following me and my partner had unprotected sex 3 times.
Yesterday morning I had very light pink bleeding once on the tissue whilst going to the toilet, I thought my period may be coming as I do have irregular periods sometimes, however I have had no bleeding since and no horrific period pains which I usually suffer with. I have had VERY sore to the touch breasts for the last three days & my partner said to me today that they look larger than normal & pointed out a couple blue veins running down my left breast which is never normally that prominent. I feel tired & are having occasional hot flushes & dizzy spells but that’s not out of the ordinary for me as I work in the hospital which can be very hot. I took a pregnancy test this afternoon which came back as negative, I’m just wondering if there’s still a chance that I could be pregnant?!
TIA xxx
Hi,
If your last period started on 12th Dec then it’s likely that you’ve only just ovulated this week. Anything is possible as everyone is different but I’d say it’s a little too soon to be showing pregnancy signs. The light pink discharge could be implantation but any pregnancy tests wouldn’t pick it up yet as your levels are likely to be too low. I’d say the earliest you could test would be next Saturday.

Good Evening ☺️

I’ll give a little de-brief of my December.. since the 6th December..

I’ve been sick 3 times, suffered with nausea almost daily, breasts have grown, I’ve been bloated daily with mild cramps, dizzy spells and tiredness. I’m due my period on 02/01 and normally my skin breaks out between periods - this month, my skin has been more or less clear.

Other than those symptoms, I feel fine. I’ve taken two tests this week.. both coming back negative. The only sign of a ‘line’ is this scratch-like (which isn’t actually a scratch) line that is only visible in a certain light. I’m adamant that this is a negative test but will be trying again with a different brand to confirm.

My periods/PMS have been regular and reliable since I was 13.. but my average cycle length has gone all over the place since August and I’ve never had an experience like I have this month. Is it likely that this could just be a major hormonal imbalance or the possibility of an early pregnancy?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

View attachment 83001
Hi
What tests have you been using? FRER should pick up a pregnancy by now I’d have thought whereas others might not. I see the scratch you’re referring to but I think it is an indent (sorry!) maybe try with a FRER and let us know how you get on. X

Hi
What tests have you been using? FRER should pick up a pregnancy by now I’d have thought whereas others might not. I see the scratch you’re referring to but I think it is an indent (sorry!) maybe try with a FRER and let us know how you get on. X

Hello Sjf0709 - thanks for your response :) I used First Response tests.. I was planning on purchasing a couple of Clear Blue tests after work to double check. My last period started on 8th December so not 100% sure what’s going on.. it frustrates me further when everyone keeps saying it sounds like I could be pregnant but the proof is in the pudding (..or pee stick ha!)
I’m planning on visiting the doctors next week though to see if anything else gets flagged up.

Will keep you posted x

Hello Sjf0709 - thanks for your response :) I used First Response tests.. I was planning on purchasing a couple of Clear Blue tests after work to double check. My last period started on 8th December so not 100% sure what’s going on.. it frustrates me further when everyone keeps saying it sounds like I could be pregnant but the proof is in the pudding (..or pee stick ha!)
I’m planning on visiting the doctors next week though to see if anything else gets flagged up.

Will keep you posted x
Ah well even if AF started on 8th then the average person would have ovulated on 22nd Dec and therefore you’re only 7DPO today. I’d wait until 10DPO to test and don’t test beforehand, a FRER should pick it up by then. Fx for you. It can be such a confusing time because sometimes AF symptoms and BFP symptoms are similar xx

Still a BFn for me today but my god do I feel lousy. My boobs are KILLING me and I feel just so Ropey - like nauseated and lethargic, I don’t really know when i ovulated - therefore when thE right time
Is to test. In any case I’m feeling very sorry for myself :brat:

I'm out. Horrible way to end the year. Don't think this is going to happen for us. Good luck ladies. x

Sorry for those who have recently got their BFN or AF arriving...

I don’t know about you but even though this year has been hard, I still want to end it on a high! Of the 28 ladies testing this month, 8 have got their BFPs which is 28.57% of us. Whilst that might seem low in % terms it’s higher than the quoted % chance of conception rate! Our time will come ladies, we just have to keep trying. Fx for 2019 all xxx

Still no AF for me!!
CD33 and obviously didn’t ovulate when I thought I did so god knows when the witch is coming.
Don’t think I will bother testing until I am a week late, if I make it. Currently 3 days late x

Still no AF for me!!
CD33 and obviously didn’t ovulate when I thought I did so god knows when the witch is coming.
Don’t think I will bother testing until I am a week late, if I make it. Currently 3 days late x
Omg can’t believe you’ve not tested again. I’d have tested by now haha. Hope it’s your lucky cycle xx

Omg can’t believe you’ve not tested again. I’d have tested by now haha. Hope it’s your lucky cycle xx
I know I must be nuts right?!
Just dont want to see that bfn. I haven’t got any symptoms sticking out at me either. Just had a couple of nose bleeds!
Which is normal for me in the summer but not winter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back