****December 2014 Mums-to-be! Christmas Babies!!****

Aww what a cutie mommaclare!

HD rest of night was ok but I was so tired I more or less got her on then fell asleep feeding for the last two feeds! Midwife arrived at 10am and I was asleep on the sofa with her asleep on my chest! She has put on another 100g so only 120g off her birth weight now so they will see me one more time then discharge to health visitor. She has been a bit crabby today and done loads of little feeds but me and OH have just spent the day in our pjs while dealing with it so not so bad. Hope tonight is a good one as I'm tired and missing cuddles with my OH x

Random question did anyone manage to find any small newborn tights? I have a couple of pairs but with my lg being such a shorty they are huge she measures roughly 47cm so is only short.

Congrats mommaclare, we had hv visit today, 1oz off bw.....weight check next Monday cause of public holidays, really hoping he catches up x x x

Wifey I have some that are pretty tiny, I have some from Next in 0-3 which are fitting ok even though a little long but then I also have some H&M ones in the smallest size which are a lot more tiny. Also I don't have any but Asda's first size stuff comes up fairly small and apparently all their stuff does so you could try them too x

Hi guys can't believe jessica is 19days old already. Sorrof struggling with feeding at the mo and seeing that a lot of u are breastfeeding I just thought I would mention it. She falls asleep a lot while feeding and still hasn't regained Her birth wrmeight so it worries me that she hasn't getting enough milk. It's so hard to tell when u can't see what she is taking in. Any advice or ideas?

How many more girls are still waiting for Los to arrive? I've lost track

We are similar Littlebean, I'm now offering both boobs, when he falls asleep we change his nappy, burp him and then other side it seems to be working. He can still needs wakened every four hours in the daytime but stripping him off seems to help!!
Hoping to see the results on the Scales on Monday x

Hey littlebean, I got a lot of useful info from the Breast feeding support people. I felt the same like I couldn't tel what was happening so these are the highlights - forgive me if you know all this already:

So firstly there are three stages of them feeding, at first they glug away rapidly to get milk flowing, they then move on to tje second stage where they are doing a 'suck suck swallow' motion which you can visibly see when watching their chin. Finally they reach the last stage which is where they are getting the high calorie fatty milk you want them to be getting, you know they have reached this stage when they do a weird juddery movement, it almost feels like a vibration happens in their mouth or a fluttery feeling - so once they have got to that stage you know they have properly got to the good stuff. Then the support worker said that the baby should naturaly 'fall off the breast' when they are finished, so you shouldn't be taking them off to swap sides, you should wait for them to come off on their own and then wind them and offer the other side. Really they should be taking at least some of the second side each feed.
As my LO lost more than 10% of her birth weight in three days I was told to feed every 3 hours so I have to wake her up to feed her whether she is asking for it or not, this also makes it easier to feed as they don't get so panicky. Apparently the thrashing around and arching their backs etc is normal for a baby when it's really hungry.
Other things they said were that if it is hurting at all past the initial first couple of seconds of latching on then they are ok wrong and you should remove them and start again.
Also make sure you are totally relaxed and have everything to hand - a big drink of water, Lansinoh cream (soothes your nipples but also can help baby latch on if they are just sort of licking at you rather than sucking), Vaseline for your lips, muslin, pillow to prop yourself up etc. If you are comfortable it should work better.
One other thing is that if your baby appears to fall asleep while feeding then you should push their head further in towards your breast which should get them sucking again, if it doesn't then they said you should take your thumb and index finger and gently squeeze your Breast as you would to hand express with the idea being that you will squirt a bit of milk in their mouth and if they don't repsond to that by sucking again then they are done.
I was also told to try to express by hand or with a pump after every feed on both sides for 48 hours. It doesn't matter if nothing comes out, the point of it is to stimulate your breasts so they produce more milk because they think your baby needs it.

I think that's the main things to think about - hope it helps. I was a total state before the support lady came out to help because my milk wasn't properly in yet and I felt like I was starving my baby. Things have now got into the good routine though x

Oh and as HD says, sometimes if you both get naked it helps! For a few days mine would only do her afternoon feed if she had no clothes on and I had no top or bra on x

Well today has had good and bad news from midwife. Good news is baby is back to birth weight and they have dischargd her. But I have a womb infection so need antibiotics :(
Otherwise we are fine and hoping everyone has a great New Years eve! X

Fab news re birth weight, she has done so well as has her mummy
Happy new year all you December mummies
Hour 2015 is a good one for us all
X x x

Rose that's great news about the weight gain! Also I found when I was on antibiotics it made my little girl a bit unsettled and she had green poos for the week I was on them. Just letting you know in case your little girl is the same and you worry.

Happy New Year ladies and babies and any remaining bumps. Cannot believe we've ttc'd, been pregnant and had our babies and now it's the end of 2014! It's been lovely sharing it with you all. Hope 2015 is even better.xxx

So as much as I was due in December and wanted baby to arrive, it was not meant to be, and I'm. NOw going to be welcoming little one in 2015!

Booked for induction Monday 5/1/15, pretty cool date if baby plays the game :0)

Hope you are all enjoying your bundles ladies x

Good luck I'm sure all will go well xx

Thanks for the advice things seem to be going a little better. Will find out about weight gain on Monday when the midwife comes as the health visitor didn't turn u on Thursday. She seems more content anyway which is good. Nipples are super sensitive today as she has been feeding lots but all good. Hope you are doing well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back