****December 2014 mums to be! Christmas babies!!*****

I'm loving them too! Think we should do them the first weekend of the month from now on so we can all share and compare lol... I've been the same worried if I'm too small/big, I think we're all on track with our beautiful bumps!

How's everyone getting on with the baby shopping?

Anyone purchased a pram yet? Xxxxx

We bought our pram last week but it's currently in boxes in the garage :) it's my husband's birthday on Monday so we're off for a family meal tonight. Ooh and I'm 27 weeks today so I'm off to tri 3 (as well as checking in here) see you on the other side!

Ps I keep getting told I'm big too but at my last midwife appointment she told me I was measuring spot on for dates. She said everyone has an opinion on bump size and just to ignore them- good advice!

Ok ladies going to try and attach a pic......everyone at work keeps saying how big I am but I think its cause two other girls in offcie are pregnant and they were size 6 to start and are both tiny......I like to think I have a big healthy boy :)

Ok so that didn't work....not sure what I did wrong but I'll try again later, lol!!

Baby shopping, this is what I have so far:

Pram - Bugaboo donkey, ordered and you pick it up month before due date
Fold up push chair for holidays/trips abroad to see partner when away was only £50 in kiddicare close down sale
Maxi cosi pebble car seat & friend is giving us her barely used isofix base
Footmuff for the car seat
Stokke sleepi cot (bought second hand but got new mattress and my mum made tons of sheets for it)
Stokke changing table (again second hand but with new mattress)
Fisher Price rainforest bouncer
Tommee tippee (TT) sangenic nappy bin
TT electric breast pump
TT electric steriliser
TT 9oz bottles (as back up in case breast feeding doesn't work but I'm determined it will)
TT digital video monitor with sensor mat
Two boxes of size 1 pampers, 74 in each box
Two boxes of size 2 pampers, 74 in each box
Muslin cloths
A few bibs
Pram suit
Tons of clothes of various ages (I'm fussy about girls clothes I like so if I find something I like I just buy it)
A few Lamaze baby toys (only if I've seen them cheap in TK Maxx

That list now makes me think that I'm out of control! That seems like an awful lot of stuff! Some things are for a few months down the line but I sort of worked on the principle that I have more money now than when she appears so if I see a bargain I should get it. I'm really careful with how much I pay for things, I shop around loads to get the very cheapest price I can manage on things! X

Rose I think I have just as much, if not more than you.

Pram, buggy, car seat - silvercross 3d travel system
3 wheeled stroller
Changing bag
Mamas and papas cot bed with mattress and mattress protectors
Cot mobile
Mamas and papas changing unit
Play mat
Bouncer
Swing
Cot bed sheets
Various blankets
Moses basket sheets
Lots of newborn girls clothes from my sister including baby grows, vests, dresses, trousers, tops, tights and socks
Bibs
Muslin clothes
Pram suits
Coats
TT electric steriliser
TT bottles
Bottle brush
Bottle warmer
Two boxes of size 1 pampers, 74 in each
Box of wipes
Cotton wool
Baby sponges
Baby bath
Baby shampoo
Baby lotion and baby oil
Cotton buds
Baby powder
Travel cot for granny's house

My sister is giving me her Moses basket and baby bath

I have also got a few things for myself - breast pads, maternity pants and pads.

I think that's it lol x

Oh and I thought I would post my last pic for tri 2 bumps. I know I only posted my 25 week one the other day but I thought it would be nice to mark the last week of this tri :)
0b782e9ddca331ed0f524da97a624c8a.jpg

Gorgeous bump nikb and everyone else!!
This is my first bump pic of tri 3 at 28+2:

20e319168477785f4a8ffee907d2456d.jpg

So exciting hearing about what everyone has bought!!!!

Yay more lovely bumps!

Nikb you do have a few more things than me - I missed changing bag off my list but I have one. Toiletries etc will probably be my next things, only thing is I know other people will have bought me those things. But I guess it will all get used! X

I only bought those last week in the baby and toddler event at Asda. My mum also bought a few things and gave me a nappy box with them in it x

I can't remember what I have bought lol I know I need a mobile bedding nappies and feeding stuff. Could also use a few more sleep suits

Loving all the bump pics.
Here is me at 24 exactly:
edfe5f09-0278-4d25-b47f-9be35a54c762_zps88527565.jpg

I feel like I have a smallish bump but midwife said that based on my body type she didn't expect an obvious bump until about 26 weeks.

Last edited:
I only bought couple of bits of clothes and thats it so far, oh and a Close Caboo.
I dont get on with expressing so dont need the pump and dont really need bottles either so just need to get nappies and co-sleeping crib. I did give away some stuff but hoping I can borrow things as you only need them for a short time.

Morning ladies! Think the idea of bump pics every month is a good one, its so lovely to see all the baby bumps!!

I think we are well on the way with buying! We have:
Cotbed
Changing tables/drawers
Wardrobe
Moses basket
Cot and basket bedding
Groegg nightlight/themometer
Angelcare baby monitor
Ewan the sheep sleep aid
A few soft teddies (from the sale in Mamas and Papas!)
Lots of babygrows/sleep suits in different sizes
Snowsuit
Pramsuit
A couple of cardigans and a little jacket for when he's a few months old
Hats, mitts, socks and 2 pairs booties
Bibs
Muslin cloths
Two weeks' worth of new born nappies, lots of wipes and cotton wool
Changing mat
Some baby toiletries (barriser cream, Johnsons First Touch bath wash, baby shampoo)
Home safety kit with plug hole stoppers,table corners etc
2 baby gates (one for the stairs one for the living room to keep the cat out when baby on playmat etc)
TT breat bump
TT bottles
Bottle brush
Pushchair with pram attachment and car seat (Zoom model from M&P)
Changing bag
Baby gym (Loved so Much range from Mothercare)
Blankets for pram/moses basket
Light fitting for nursery
Hooded towels
Newborn fluffy dressing gown

Next to buy:
Baby bath/top and tail bowl, sponges/flannels
Steriliser
Wall art/stickers/stencils for nursery

Wow,actually seems like we have a lot! I have been shopping around quite a bit and have paid for quite a lot when things have been discounted. Plus we have had a few bits and pieces bought for us from the three sets of grandparents (and great grandparnt!) so we have been really lucky. :lol: x

Last edited:
Wow some of you have loads! I'm guna be last min with loads lol...

So far I have

Pram; mamas n papas sola
Bouncer
Bottles
Loads of clothing
Snow suit

I have all the cot bedding, blankets, car seat from last baby.

I'm not going to buy too many nappies, think I'll have a big baby so don't wana be left with loads of size 1 or if baby gets a rash off my chosen make... It's happened with dd.

Will only get one tin of milk as not sure if I'll use same brand or need hungry baby.

I will be stocking up on infacol tho xxx

Right ladies, I'm off to the tri3 thread, I find it too confusing having to check up on both, so hope I don't miss too much before the rest of you move over! See you soon x

Hahaha just totally freaked out my OH by telling him that my boobs just leaked a tiny drop of liquid out of each one! X

Ha ha that's so funny! When I told my OH about my boob leaking through the night he just said "well that's a good sign isn't it?" Lol.

Hope you all have a lovely day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back