Contraception??

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
After reading momma kat's thread about her dippy gp, I realised there seems to be quite a few people who got pregnant while on contraception. Thought I'd start a new thread rather than hi-jacking hers, so...
How many of you guys weren't 'trying'? What contraception were you using? Were you using it 'correctly'?

I thought most contraception was like 99%, and I have several friends who say they got pregnant while on the pill - I just assumed they were a bit lapse in taking it every day!

I wasnt trying at all! was on the implant for a year and a half, then the bloody thing made me bleed everyday. the dippy gp said to me no one really gets pregnant for a good year after having it removed, so use condoms for a precaution but should be fine. I got pregnant 5 weeks after having it out, and we used condoms every time. So one must have split! very frustrating, but im actually happy about being pregnant and getting really excited! lolxxx

A good friend of mine wasn't even trying and got pregnant on the pill. I don't know if she was a bit rubbish in taking it, or if it just didn't work for her

i was in the implant and also the pill to stop the bleeding cause by the implant as I had fallen pregnant on the pill before I wanted to be on both but still fell pregnant, really though no contraception is a 100% so when using any form of contraception there is always a hcance of falling pregnant,

We were going to start trying the middle of this year anyway so it just happened a bit sooner xx

I was on the pill when we conceived. I had an accident at work and was drugged up on medication. Totally forgot that it weakens your pill. The doctor didnt mention it, the hospital didnt mention and sounds stupid but my mum usually reminds me of stuff like that! lol!
But the only person i have to blame is myself! lol!

Now i am pregnant i wouldn't change it for the world!

I fell pregnant with lacey while on the pill!! I wasn't very well and was throwing up everyday for about 2 weeks when I must've fallen pregnant!

Aww I'm so glad everyone's happy with their accidental pregnancies!! Lol!!
I came off the pill and everyone said 'ooh, that'll be at least 6 months till your body is ready to conceive' cos I'd been on the pill for 6/7 years. One month later and there's a positive test! hehe :)

My youngest sister likes to remind us older two that she was the only planned baby. It's usually in an argument like "Shut up, at least they wanted me unlike being the result of Mum's pill failing thanks to antibiotics like Rach or diorrhea like you!".

i was on the pill, we def did not want to have a baby, i was not ill, no antibiotics, didnt miss one. I got pregnant anyway and thanks to OH convincing me we could do it, we are now expecting our baby noa!
:love:

i was on the pill, we def did not want to have a baby, i was not ill, no antibiotics, didnt miss one. I got pregnant anyway and thanks to OH convincing me we could do it, we are now expecting our baby noa!

I was the same - and have been on the pill for years!!!! Obv we're not expecting a baby Noa but Baby Nugget lol!!

i was on pill too, no accidents, no medication taken was just natures way and oh's very proud of his 'strong swimmers' lol !

i was on pill too, no accidents, no medication taken was just natures way and oh's very proud of his 'strong swimmers' lol !

Haha i got a similar reaction after the shock subsided!!!!

we definately weren't trying I was on the pill, never missed one and didn't drink and wasn't ill when we concieved. I was actually waiting for the family planning clinic to have an appointment free so i could have an implant fitted.

On this occassion we were trying however when I had my first little boy I was on the pill. I wouldnt say I was great at taking it however the month I got pregnant I know I took it faithfully each day and I still got pregnant, would never really trust it again.

I was on the pill stopped in dec and used condoms until we were ready to try in march was first time lucky but ppl said it would take me months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back